[Chapter 13] Nothing More

-Anthony's POV-

I had to go back home. I didn't have a place to stay. And even if I did find one, I didn't have enough clothes to last a whole week before Cassidy came back. So, there I was, opening the door to Kalel's and my house. I closed the door behind me as quietly as I could've and set my bag down on the ground.

I tiptoed into the kitchen and opened the fridge, taking out a bottle of Mountain Dew and uncapping it.

"What are you doing here, Anthony?" Kalel's voice sounded behind me. I jumped, spilling some of the soda onto the floor and on the front of my shirt. I slowly turned around and saw her standing in the doorway. Her arms were crossed over her chest.

"I'm just getting something to drink," I retorted.

"Where have you been, Anthony? With that Cass girl?"

I rolled my eyes, "Her name is Cassidy. Not 'that Cass girl'."

"I don't care what her name is. What I care about is that you've been cheating on me with her!"

I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head, "Kalel, I'm not...it's...it's complicated."

"It doesn't have to be," She walked over to me and added, "Just tell me what I did wrong to make you cheat on me. That's all I want to know."

"You didn't do anything!" I set the bottle of soda down on the countertop and crossed my arms over my chest, "If anyone did anything wrong, it's me. I got drunk one night and...things just happened. There's nothing more to it than that, Kalel."

She stared at me with eyes glistening from the tears that had started to form in them before asking softly, "Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do," I slipped my hands under her jawline, "Kalel, I love you with all my heart."

"Then why would you cheat on me?" She cried, ripping herself away from me.

I stood there with my mouth open, trying to find the words to tell her what I wanted to say. I closed my mouth, hung my head, and murmured, "Because I don't love you like I did when I first met you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kalel screamed, now upset with me.

I sighed and looked up at her, "I think we should call off the engagement, Kalel." Her eyes widened. "I mean, let's face it, we were rushing into a commitment that neither of us were really ready for."

"A commitment that neither of us were really ready for?" She repeated. I nodded my head yes. "The only person who wasn't and isn't ready for this commitment is you." I remained silent. "Well?"

"I don't know what you want me to say, Kalel!" I yelled.

"You know what? You don't have to say anything," She grabbed her left hand with her right, yanked the engagement ring off of her ring finger, and threw it on the ground. "Because we're through."

"Kalel, that's not what I wanted! I just wanted-"

"No, Anthony, I don't care what you want or wanted," She snapped at me, "Because I'm done being lied to. Have fun with that Cass girl. Or should I say Cassidy." And with that, she spun around and stormed out of the kitchen.

"Kalel, wait!" I cried, rushing after her after bending down and picking up the ring. I watched her storm up the stairs, "You're being ridiculous!"

"I'm the one being ridiculous?" She reached the top of the stairs and looked back at me. Mascara streaked her pink cheeks. "You really think I'm the one being ridiculous here?" I stared at her blankly. She shook her head, "Just leave, Anthony. And never come back."

"Kalel..." I murmured as she walked away. I threw the ring to the side and plopped down on the second stair from the bottom, hanging my head and covering my face with my hands.

-Cassidy's POV-

"Come on," I growled as I literally dragged Carter through the front door, "You don't even have to stay that long! Just knock on the door, say hi, ask him how he's doing, and that's it! Nothing more!"

"No! I don't want to see him, Cass!" She cried before looking over her shoulder and screaming, "Help! Help! I'm being kidnapped!"

"Oh shut up! I'm not kidnapping you!"

"Never! HELP ME! ANYONE! PLEASE! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!"

I got her down the steps and onto the sidewalk before she slipped her hand out of mine, causing me to lose my balance and falling on my butt. Carter rushed back inside the house. I heaved a sigh and lied back on the sidewalk that led to the house.

"What are you doing out here, Cass?"

I tilted my head up and saw Pete standing in the front doorway. I got to my feet and brushed my pants off, "I was trying to get Carter to go visit her dad and see how he's doing. She hasn't seen or talked to him since we left for California."

"Why doesn't she want to go visit him?" He stepped out of the house and walked up to me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "She and her dad don't have the greatest relationship in the world. It's nothing like the relationship Patrick and I have with our mom."

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Maybe I could go talk to her."

A smirk crawled on my face, "Yeah, maybe you should."

"What's that look for?" He teased, punching me in the arm playfully.

I laughed, "Nothing. Now go talk to her! We're only here for a couple more days and I want her to see her dad before then."

"Alright, alright! Calm down! I'll go talk to her."

"Thanks, Pete," I smiled.

"Anything for you, Cass," He grinned before turning around and going back into the house. I followed shortly after him. Just as I walked in, I was intercepted by my brother.

"So, did you talk to Carter about it?" Patrick questioned quietly.

I nodded my head, "And did you talk to Pete?"

"Yup," He crossed his arms over his chest, "He said he might like her. But he said they would never work out because you guys are returning to California and we're going back on tour after this."

"I'm sure there's some way for them to work out..." I commented, mirroring his appearance, "I mean, she indirectly told me likes him. So good thing is they both like each other. Bad thing is Pete's dating Meagan and they're expecting...so..." I looked up at my brother as he looked down at me.

"What's he doing right now anyways?" He inquired about Pete, changing the subject.

"Oh, I made him go talk to her. Maybe get her to come around to the idea of her visiting her dad."

"Didn't her dad not want her to be a musician?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah. Sadly. Just imagine if she listened to him..."