[Chapter 9] No Difference

-Carter's POV-

As I was about to follow everyone out, Cass pulled me back and told me she needed to get something from her bedroom. I nodded my head in understanding and stayed back. As I leaned against the wall, I began to think about how jealous I was of Cassidy.

First off she was Patrick Stump's sister. Enough said.

Secondly, she was really close with Pete. I've always had a crush on him. Even when we were teenagers and they were in their twenties and we would be in her bedroom. She'd be talking to me about guys and I would be zoned out, trying to listen in on what the guys were talking about. I don't think she knows I like Pete. I don't think I've ever told her.

But then Cass and I moved to California and that crush kind of just...went away. There, I met Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco. He's probably the closest I've ever got to a guy for a friend. He and I met when I was featured in one of their songs. That's the song that actually got Cassidy and me noticed by our fans today.

I had a crush on Brendon for like a year. Then he broke my heart when he started dating this girl, Sarah, who he's married to now. He and I remained friends, but...it was never the same. And I hated Sarah, she was my sworn enemy.

That's when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned, thinking it was Cassidy, when in reality it was Pete. What the hell? I thought it was just her and me. Strange.

He gave me a friendly smile, "Hey Carter." He patted me on the shoulder before walking past me and out the door. I leaned back against the wall and closed my eyes. That's when Cassidy came down the stairs.

"You ready?" She asked me with a smile.

"Yeah," I answered, following her out to the tour bus. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. Why were we- I began to think when Cassidy dragged me onto it. Oh dear lord, I'm on Fall Out Boy's fucking tour bus. I'M ON FALL OUT BOY'S FUCKING TOUR BUS!!! Almost all the seats were taken except one by Patrick. Cassidy had taken the one next to Pete. Of course she did.

I made my way over and asked Patrick, "May I sit here?"

He looked up at me, and from the look on his face, I could tell he was going to say no. So I went to turn when I heard him say, "Sure."

"Really?"

He laughed the most adorable laugh I might've ever heard, "Of course! It'd rude of me to say no."

I chuckled nervously before sitting beside him. The bus driver (who was also staying at the house for the week) started the tour bus up and backed out of the driveway. Over the chatter that filled the bus, I could hear a familiar song playing through the speakers.

"Hey, mind turning it up?" I asked the driver.

He nodded his head in understanding and turned the volume knob to the right. I closed my eyes as I tried to drown out all the voices and focus on the song. After a few seconds, I realized it was my song. The song that put Cass and me on the Billboard.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"What?" Patrick asked me, getting out of a conversation with his mom who sat across from us.

"This is our song!" I rose to my feet.

"What?" Cassidy inquired, putting her finger up to Pete's lips to shut him up. The whole bus quieted and you could hear my voice playing over the radio. "Oh my god!" She squealed, getting to her feet, "This is our song!"

"I know!" I replied as the two of us began freaking out together.

****

We arrived at the ice cream parlor shortly after. The few people there (at, what? Ten in the evening?) were teenage girls who just so happened to be Fall Out Boy fans and asked for autographs. The pop punk band gratefully signed whatever they had on them. I think one of them was their i-Phone case and the other was their clutch. The teen girls squealed in excitement and scurried away.