2 - Sunny Day

"Whatcha got there baby?" Nala smiles at Lilo as she picks a daisy.

"Fower." She lisps and holds it out to show her mom.

"It's almost as beautiful as you." She bops the girl on the nose causing a giggle to leave her lips. "Are you ready to go inside?"

Lilo shakes her head and goes back to exploring the grass outside Emily and Sam's house. Nala watches her, leaning back to enjoy the sun that has decided to show it's face. Her jumper hangs loosely on her shoulders while her sleeves are rolled all the way up. She's glad she wore her ripped jeans, enjoying the patches where the heat hits her skin.

"Loloooo." A voice sings and Nala looks over to see her cousin Seth coming over with a big grin on his face. "Look at you!" He gushes; he never made it to dinner yesterday so this is his reunion with them.

Nala smiles and runs over to him, hugging him tightly as he hugs back just as hard. "I missed you." She whispers. Seth is the purest soul she knows; he's like a brother to her, despite being almost 4 years younger than her. Despite being just 18, he's build like he's hit the weights his whole life.

"I missed you too." He rubs her back and bends down to catch Lilo. "And you, of course." He smiles as he hugs them both standing straight.

Nala leans her head in his shoulder. "I think you're the only person who won't give me a lecture." She sighs deeply.

"I told mom not to." He sighs and shakes his head. "C'mon, I can smell muffins!" He grins excitedly and pulls Nala inside with him and Lilo.

He was right; Emily sets a plate of warm muffins on the table and smiles. "Hey kid. The others coming?"

"Yeah I ran on ahead to see Nally." He smiles and grabs a muffin sitting down. Lilo tries to grab it making him laugh and break a small piece off to cool the blueberry goodness. Once it's cooler he let's her have it, watching as she shoves half of it in her mouth.

Nala groans and laughs. "You're just like Uncle Sammy."

Seth smiles at the comment and watches Lilo again; Nala looks over as a ruckus can be heard outside, six large Quileute boys bouncing up the porch steps. Sam goes straight to Emily after ruffling Nala's hair as he passes, while the other five freeze at the door.

Emily looks away from Sam and rolls her eyes. "Guys, you know my little sister."

"Damn she's hotter in real life." Jared mutters.

Sam growls. "Shut up you idiot, have respect!"

Nala blushes. "Thanks Jared." He looks surprise that she knows him, making all if them raise an eyebrow. "I've met you all at some point, before the steroids." She sasses. "Jared, you and I would go to the park whenever my family visited because our mom's forced us. Quil, Embry, you pushed me in a sand pit and called me poopants for the week we stayed. Jacob, you stole my tamagotchi when I was 8 - you probably killed señor Billy within a day. And Paul. You used to call me bogey because my mom wiped my nose when I was pretty capable myself."

The boys are all silent before she smirks. "But I don't hold grudges." She teases and they all laugh, finally coming in and sitting around the table. Lilo gets intimidated and immediately searches for the comfort of her mommy, climbing over Seth as quickly as she can.

Nala picks her up and holds her close. "Hey now princess, where's that fight gone?" She smiles gently as Lilo buries her head in the nook of her neck.

"Who's that cutie?" Jacob smiles.

"This is Lilo." She smiles proudly, watching her daughter peak out from her long hair; she always uses it as a shield/curtain when she's scared.

"Hi Lilo." Jacob coos and takes her hand. Lilo doesn't pull away, but watches what he does with her hand. "You wanna hear a song?" She nods. Jacob traces his finger around her palm. "Round and round the garden, like a teddy bear. One step, two step, tickles under there!" He says as he gently pokes her sides making her giggle hard.