16 - Big Changes Coming

"Okay, cubicle 3 and 4 are waiting on xrays, cubicle 5, 1 and 2 are all waiting to be discharged and there are 3 empty cubicles waiting to be cleaned." Nala says, flustered as she finally makes it back to the nurses station.

Nico smirks. "Okay, thanks. There are 4 of us here, you don't have to give yourself an aneurism every shift you work."

Nala rolls her eyes playfully. "Well I'm in the best place to have one so."

Janet laughs. "Go, go on. You'll miss the show."

She grins excitedly and runs to the staff room, grabbing her bag and jacket before leaving. Her little girl graduates kindergarten today - how!? And she has been lucky enough to get the afternoon off, as has Carlisle. They will all be there and that makes her heart swell with pride; she always wanted a big family and she's so happy to have been adopted into one.

She quickly drives to the school, parking beside Jasper's car before rushing into the school hall just as the show begins. She slides into her spot beside Jasper who chuckles as he leans over. "Perfect timing love."

She rolls her eyes and takes his hand, watching the stage eagerly for the little performers. It's a little showcase of the songs they learned and the dances they made up, a little celebration of their year. Esme and Carlisle eagerly take pictures of Lilo as she twirls, Alice and Rosalie smile as they watch her belt the lyrics out as they taught her. Emmett and Edward try to look interested but also express how proud they are of the little girl who so cutely tumbled into their lives. It's a special moment for them all.

"How was work?" Jasper whispers.

"Good now shush." Nala hisses as she waves him off.

His cold hand moves across and rests on her blossoming tummy. "You know you've got to take it easy."

She rolls her eyes and glances at Jasper. "He is fine. I am fine. I promise." They decided a few months ago that now was the right time. And, after only one round of IVF using a chosen, private, donor, they fell pregnant with their blessing.

"She would benefit more if you took it easy." He whispers back.

Nala glares playfully. "He will benefit more if I don't sit on my ass all day."

Emmett leans over the backs of their seats. "Lilo is glaring at you. So are most of the parents. And I think he,too."

The pair roll their eyes and look back to the stage; Jasper keeps a hand on his baby, feeling her kick gently. They didn't want to find out a few weeks ago when they had the chance, but it's been fun having bets and teasing about what their child is - a princess or a prince. Alice has tried to see what it'll be but she can't see around the wolves who are still around quite often because of Jacob.

As the show ends they both cheer and clap loudly making Lilo grin proudly. After a 10 minute interval all the children come out in small graduation caps and gowns, recieveing a small certificate and chocolate bar as they walk off stage. Lilo runs to her mom who scoops her up, holding her close.

"You did it buggy, you're all down with kindergarten!" she gushes.

Lilo smiles. "I know, mommy, did you like the show?" she bites her lip nervously, a habit she got from her mom.

"We sure did, you were insane!" she grins. "Wasn't she, Jazz?"

"Of course she was, she's our little firecracker." He kisses Lilo on the cheek.

She giggles blushing. "Emmett promised me ice cream, can we get some?"

Nala glares at her brother in law. "Maybe after we go see that pretty house we showed you."