14 - Legalities And Formalities

I know it's only been 2 days but I liked the whit and confidence in this chapter so here we go. Any ideas welcome, much love x

Nala takes slow breaths as she jiggles her leg, her nails digging in to Jasper's stone skin. Another court case - this time a big one - in Seattle, another day she has to be in the same area as the vile human she's trying her hardest to escape from.

Jasper kisses her hand as he looks over at her, finishing being nosy at the guards having a conversation. "You okay?"

She nods, forcing a smile as she leans her head in his shoulder. "Yeah I am. Glad I get to see you in a suit again, how lucky am I."

He chuckles and kisses her head. "Maybe I'll wear one more often."

"God no, then I have to wash it and that will be a night mare because you know Li will get something on it." She laughs and kisses his cheek.

He laughs too. "That is very true, my love."

She smiles but it soon fades as she sees Harold Henry, their lawyer, and Katherine walking over, both with blank expressions. She stands and so does Jasper, meeting them halfway. "Well?"

Henry sighs and rubs his wrinkled forehead. "They want 2 days a week, unsupervised. While the judge is aware that there are other charges against him, he cannot ignore that he is her father. He's swaying for 1 day a week, no over nights, totally supervised by someone of your choosing."

Nala feels sick; she has to let that sicko near her daughter? No. No way. "No. No visitation - he didn't want her. He's doing this to be spiteful!"

"We know that, Nala, we do, but the judge can't take your word for it. This is the best we're going to get." Katherine says softly, rubbing Nala's shoulder. "At least for now. Palmer says they're making moves on his end but we have to be patient, smart, wait it out."

Nala refrains from stomping her foot in frustration and instead kicks Jasper's shin. He kisses her head and looks at Henry. "You said this supervision can be done by someone of our choosing, right?"

Everyone sees the devilish glint in his eyes. "Yes, they can't dispute it either." He says, frowning. "Why- "

"I'll do it." He smirks, slipping his other hand in his pocket. "Once a week I'll take her to him, spend the day watching over them and then take her home - our home." He grins.

Nala smirks a little. "That's evil Mr Hale..."

"Oh so very so." He grins.

Katherine laughs a little as Henry shakes his head. "Yes fine, if the judge agrees. Come on."

They head back into the judges office, Nala and Jasper sitting across from Taylor and his father, also his lawyer, at the conference table. Taylor is smirking, but it fades as he sees the smirk on Jasper and Nala's lips.

Henry clears his throat. "Mr Hale and Miss Holt have agreed to one visit a week with Lilo Hale, supervised by Mr Hale himself. That is the final offer."

"No. Not with him - my wife or I will supervise." Mr Hardy says, slamming his hand down.

The judge scolds him for the action. "In this instance, I am in favour of Mr Hale being the one to supervise. You get a Tuesday evening with her, from 4 pm until 8pm. This will be reviewed in 6 months time. Dismissed." The judge says as he rises.

Everyone stands as he leaves and Nala smirks at Taylor confidently; he, on the other hand, is pissed. Jasper can sense it but he isn't bothered - they won this battle. Like they have the last several hurdles he's thrown at them.