31 - Come Back To Me

Jasper feels like he's been hit by a bus as it all comes flooding back. He remembers it all.

The first time he was her sat in that car, looking so lost.

When he first met his Lilo.

When Seth snapped...

Facing her crazy ex, and winning.

Welcoming their beautiful Effie.

Marrying her with everyone they loved surrounding them.

His mind still floods with images of them as he takes off running, hating being so human. Now he remembers who he was, what he was, he isn't best pleased to be so human in a moment that requires him not to be.

"LEAVE MY WIFE ALONE!" He yells.

He just hears the chilling laugh Kehlani gives; in his view he sees her, running right into the road. Only, she trips. And the headlights of a car illuminate her like a target.

It seems like forever, but he grabs her, pulling her with him as he tumbles to the ground; his arms are wrapped tightly around her as she screams, and he just tightens them.

He braces for the impact of the car but it never comes. Ever so slowly he looks up, a barricade of people in front of them. Their family.

"It's the end of the road, Kehlani." Aro says.

She growls, laughing. "Oh you think so, great leader?"

Caius chuckles as he and the guard surround her on the other side. "Oh yeah, we think so."

Jasper looks away and cups Nala's cheek. "Baby?"

She looks up at him, tired, breathless and tearful. "You... Jazzy?"

"It's me." He says gently nodding.

Nala crashes her lips to his, holding him close. "You're warm, youre so warm." She cries.

He holds her close and rubs her back. "I am. We both are, we're both the same baby." He smiles gently. Being human is worth it if he has her, and his girls. 

She runs her fingers over his cheek gently, feeling the stubble of his slight beard and the soft skin beneath. She closes her eyes and takes a shaky breath. "You're real." She whispers, looking at him.

Jasper smiles, his brown eyes looking deep into hers. He chuckles a little and feels her cheek as she did his; she's so warm. "Yes, love. I think we established that."

She laughs small and leans into him, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck as he hugs her back just as tight. "Oh gosh, we have to tell the girls." She whispers with realisation.

Jasper's heart picks up pace, he definitely isn't used to that feeling. "I bet they're so grown up..."

Nala smiles. "We have one stroppy 14 year old and a quiet, cheeky 9 year old."

Jasper smiles. "Well let's get you checked out, then we can face them."

"I'm fi- oh. Oops." She looks at her scraped palms, slowly standing and noticing her knees are just as scraped.

Carlisle is beside her moments later. "Let me see."

Jasper watches. "It's weird... I can't smell it anymore." He says.

Carlisle smiles, beyond relieved to see how healthy his son is, how alive he is. "Yeah, I cant imagine that. And you're okay?"

Jasper nods. "I'm fine, scouts honour."

Carlisle nods and takes her to the car; evidently the one that was heading right to Nala. Jasper reunites with his family momentarily before excusing himself, not wanting to be away from Nala anytime soon. He sits by her the whole time.