27 - (not) To Be

Nala wakes before the girls do, walking to the window where she knows the Volturi will be watching from. They stayed all evening, making the guests at the wedding curious and nosy. They lied and said they were Jasper's distant cousins but it wasn't a great lie. But they got through the day and here they are - not on the family honeymoon they had planned on Isle Esme.

She sighs and looks over as Jasper comes in, still in his untucked shirt and dress pants. "Good morning my wife." He smirks.

Nala smiles gently and wraps her arms around his neck kissing him. "Good morning my husband."

"Did you sleep okay?" He asks as he tucks one of her loose curls back. She shakes her head gently and he sighs, kissing her nose. "I'm sorry. You should get some more rest-"

"No, were gonna go face these assholes and get this dealt with. We have a life to get in with, you can't forever be facing Maria and your past - let's get this done." She says as she plays with his hair gently.

He nods small. "Okay. But let's change, you look to yummy in those shorts." He growls playfully and Nala laughs shoving him gently. They both change in the closet, Nala wearing some leggings and a hoodie while Jasper goes for jeans and a hoodie. They head outside just as the others arrive, the divide evident as always as they stand in their covens.

"So." Jasper simply says.

Aro folds his hands in front of himself. "We'd... Like to form an alliance. A truce. Treaty. We raise a white flag." He waves his hand about as he smiles, all calm and intrigued.

Jasper narrows his eyes. "Huh. Yeah... No."

Aro just raises an eyebrow. "And why not, Mr Hale?"

Nala rolls her eyes; how rude. Is it not obvious? "We don't want anything to do with the likes of you."

Caius laughs before sneering. "And you think we wish for anything from you? The fact of the matter is.." He takes a deep breath and sighs heavily, like it hurts him to say. "We need your expertise. You, Jasper, know how to fight our kind in ways we do not. You have a level of understanding that even our oldest, most skilled, fighters do not hold."

Jasper sniggers. "Wow... I never thought there would ever be a day the volturi came grovelling to those lower than them... and more specifically a Cullen!" He looks at the family. "What do we do?"

"I find it highly amusing that they're here. Maybe with a little more begging..." Rosalie smirks as she crosses her arms, one hip jutting out.

"We won't beg you, fools. You're no more equal than us here. We wish to form an alliance, as we said. It is for the benefit and safety of our kind." Aro says, putting a hand on Caius's chest to warn him back; the brother has a angry expression, disliking these vegetarian freaks talking down to him, taunting him.

Edward, smirking with amusement just as he has been this whole time, speaks up; he's sat against his car. "We'll help. But we have conditions. We are equals. And what ever quarrels you had with us are gone - you will leave us to live our lives from this moment on."

Aro looks at his brothers, whom all slightly nod, before he smiles at those around him. "Deal!"

-

Lilo is mesmerized by Benjamin and his gift as he creates a mini tornado in his palm, letting it go on the floor; it twirls into nothing, but Lilo claps. "Do it again! Make it bigger!"

"Ah no, your mother may have my head." He laughs gently as he kneels beside her again. "But maybe I can help you with your geography home work... Would you like me to create a river? The river Lilo."