4 - Play Date

Nala stares at her phone for a moment, biting her nail nervously. She takes a deep breath and begins to type a text message, before the nerves get the best of her.

'Hey Jazz, thank you for yesterday. I think Li really misses you now... maybe we could hang out again? We'd both like that x'

"Oh god." She whispers and groans to herself. "You sound like a love sick teenager." She mutters and huffs, throwing her phone. She goes back to tidying the bedroom to distract herself; usually when a parent gets 5 minutes peace they have a moment to themselves. Not Nala - she can't stand to not be doing anything.

Her phone dings and she just about launches herself on the bed, pushing her hair back as she unlocks it. She holds in a smile as she sees Jasper replied, and didn't totally freak.

'Its no problem, always here to help. I enjoyed yesterday too - that kid has me and Esme wrapped around her fingers already. Maybe you could come round later, once Seth brings her back?'

She smiles and squeals a little - wait, what? She blushes when she realised what she did and tries to act like it never happened. I don't squeal. I am not 5 years old. She says to herself. She replies eagerly to Jasper, saying that as soon as Seth and Lilo are back from the store they'll be right over.

Speaking of; as she walks downstairs she hears the chatter of Seth and some of his brothers - as they are apparently called - as they walk up to the house. She smiles as she sees Lilo holding Jacob and Embry's hands, both taking their time to let her set the pace. It really was a good idea to move here; in just a short time Lilo has so many positive influences around her and so many people fighting in her corner.

"Is she in one piece?" Nala raises an eyebrow.

"I returned her in the same condition as before - don't worry I'm not Emily."

"ASS!" Emily yells from upstairs as Seth and Nala laugh. Of course she's forgiven, but she's not entirely free from everyone's teasing.

"Well, Lilo and I have a play date so we gotta go." She says as she grabs her bag and picks the child up.

Seth raises an eyebrow. "Huh. Who with?"

Nala shrugs. "Jasper."

"Hale..." he says slowly. "Hmm. Be careful okay? I know they're good people but... just be careful."

Nala rolls her eyes. "Bye Seth. Bye boys." She calls as she heads to Emily's car; she straps Lilo in and climbs in, taking a deep breath to calm her excitement as she begins to drive.

-

Jasper stares at his phone and bites his lip. "Alice?" He says gently.

She appears beside him a moment later. "Yes?"

He looks up at her. "I think it's time for the talk..."

Alice's eyebrows shoot up. "Oh... Oh." She says as she slowly sits beside him.

Jasper takes her hands. "Whatever we had... we agreed it was just until we found our mates. You know I love you, with all my heart, but I've found her. I've found my soul mate." He whispers.

Alice takes a deep breath and touches his cheek gently. "I knew it the moment Nala decided to move here." She whispers and smiles small. "I love you too Jasper Whitlock, and I knew it would never last forever; I'm so happy for you, my love." She kisses his lips gently.

He feels the hurt radiating from her, so he cups her face and kisses back gently. "I'm so sorry." He whispers resting his forehead on hers.

"Shh... she's here. Go on." She smiles small and pulls away. He stands and glances at her once more before he heads downstairs, smiling wide as he feels her presence before he sees it - such a strong, positive energy.