12 - Here He Comes

*2 Years Later*

Nala and Jasper stare at each other across the table as Lilo plays with the menu she's  coloring - well, scribbling on. "What happens if you eat food?" Nala muses as she takes one more bite of her pizza.

Jazz shrugs. "Nothing. Just tastes like dirt to me, and I have to bring it back up. Its a real pain."

She giggles as he scrunches his nose up, leaning over to kiss it. "You make the best expressions."

"Lilo taught me." He smirks as they look at the girl, her face scrunched up into one of her many random expressions. They both laugh as Nala grabs a wipe and cleans her off, making another face appear.

"Her face is like putty." Nala says as she lifts her out of her chair and let's her climb on Jasper.

"I gotta go daddy." Lilo whispers to him.

Jasper looks at Nala. "Here, go to mom-"

"Daddy do it." Lilo demands as she bounces in his lap. For almost 5 years old she is full of sass and attitude.

Nala smirks Jasper glares playfully before heading towards the back where the bathrooms are as Nala packs their things away. She asks for the bill and leans down, grabbing her purse out of her bag. "I got it." A voice says.

Ice runs down her spine as she feels bile rise in her throat. She slowly sits up and comes face to face with the handsome, blue eyed, dark-skinned God she fell in love with. Taylor looks at her with a blank expression, his credit card in the waiters hand. Neither speak until he walks off.

"Hello, Nala." He says simply.

"T-Tay." She whispers, not even able to breathe, let alone speak. Why here.. Why now...

"Who's this 'daddy'?" He says simply.

"His names Jasper." She says in a quiet voice. "Hes the closest thing she's had to a father for the last-"

"And who's fault is it that she didn't have a father? Hmm." He muses, his eyes glinting mischievously. "Oh, let me answer this one. Bonus points for a last name... Nala Holt."

Nala stares at the table, her hands clenched to stop them shaking. "What do you want." She demands.

"Payback." Taylor says as he leans over the table and grabs a slice of the pizza she didn't eat, biting into it. "Mm, and it will be good."

Jasper exits the bathroom and instantly feels Nala's distress, rushing to get her into view. His entire body tenses as he sees him - Taylor. He keeps Lilo on his hip, an arm around her protectively,as he strides over to the table.

" Cmon." He says to Nala as he takes her hand.

"Oh you're the daddy." Taylor smirks, lounging in the chair previously Jasper's. "The guy who stole my daughter. Huh. Not what I expected. Bit of a pretty boy - clearly she has a type." He muses as he chews the pizza.

Jasper ignores him and wraps his arm around Nala, walking swiftly out of the restaurant. "Are you okay?" He says in a low voice.

Nala simply nods, unable to find her voice as she takes Lilo instinctively, holding her close as she climbs in the jeep. She keeps her with her as Jasper climbs in too, his jaw tense as he pulls his phone out.

"Clive's Pizza joint. Now. I want you to tail him, listen in, track his every fucking breathe." He demands before he hangs up and begins to race away.

Nala quickly buckles her and Lilo in, the infant sensing her mom's distress and gripping her t-shirt in her tiny fists. "It's okay baby." She whispers kissing Lilo's head,stroking her back. She looks at Jasper , his eyes glaring at the road as his nostrils flare and his grip makes the steering wheel leather creak in protest. "Who was on the phone?" She whispers.