9 - Permanent Vacation

Jasper watches Nala sleep, her head against his chest as she curls under the white duvet for warmth. If he dares move she'll wake up - he learned that shortly after this sleeping arrangement began. He gently pushes a stray stand of hair from her eyes, watching as she frowns ever so slightly in her sleep. He kisses the frown lines gently as he sighs to himself; these last few weeks have been tense.

Nale can't relax; every times she hears a noise or hears a car approach she freezes. Her whole world begins to cave until she sees it isn't him - that Taylor isn't there to take her baby girl away. It's crushing her, it's got her heart racing almost all the time and Jasper and Carlisle are growing concerned for her wellbeing. This can't go on.

Jasper chuckles to himself as he hears the delicate, sly footsteps of Lilo as she totters down the hallways and stretches on her tippy toes to grab the doorhandle; the door creaks open slowly as she comes in, freezing when she sees Jasper smirking.

"Oopie.. Hi daddy." She grins cutely and runs over, climbing on the bed and onto him while being careful of her sleeping momma.

Jasper tucks her messy hair back and kisses her head. "Good morning princess. Did you sleep good?"

She nods as she settles beside him and cuddles up. "Uh huh. I play Emmy today?" She asks looking up at him.

"You wanna play with Emmett? Shall we call him, quietly?" He smiles - this girl melts every piece of pain he's ever felt away. Everything he hated about his past he now accepts, because if it had not have happened the way it did then he wouldn't have these two angels in his life.

She grins excitedly and nods fast, watching as her dad pulls his phone out of his pocket carefully and dials the number. He holds the phone out to her and she grabs it, holding the large device in both hands to one of her ears.

"Hey bro-"

"Emme!" she shrieks quietly, getting his name almost right except for missing the T's.

Emmett smiles wide and sits up on the couch as he hears his favourite person. "Hey honey, did you steal your dad's phone again?"

Lilo giggles as Jasper rolls his eyes - kid cracked his code weeks ago. "No no. Emme play with Lilo?" She asks sweetly.

"Of course little one, you wanna go for a walk in the forest and play dragons?" He asks.

She nods eagerly and throws the phone at her dad as she runs off to change. Jasper laughs and informs Emmett they'll be 10 minutes, the big male running excitedly to tell his wife as soon as they hang up. Everyone jokes that Emmett and Li get along so well because they share the same mental age.

"Baby? I'm gonna get Lilo ready mkay?" He whispers to Nala as he gently slides away and tucks her up.

She stirs and wraps her arms around his pillow. "Where shwe gung?" She mumbles into the pillow, still half asleep.

"Play date with Emmett. I won't be long." He promises as she nods and falls back to sleep in seconds. He kisses her head again before heading to Lilos room, finding half her clothes across the floor. "Lilo Whitlock, what did you do!" he laughs and picks her up, throwing her over his shoulder as she shrieks and kicks.

"Dresseded!" she demands.

Jasper scoops up some leggings and a long sleeved t-shirt, throwing the girl gently on her bed. He pulls her nighty off and dresses her as she chatters away about the fairies she saw in her dreams.

"You want trainers or boots?" He asks as he sits her up.

"Tains." She says.

"Braids or pig tails?" He says as he grabs her hair brush.