10 - Alaska

Okay, heads up - loooooot of sexual tension in this one. You've been warned...

"What if we go ice skating?" Tanya suggests to Lilo who shakes her head. "Okay how about we build another snow man? Sven and Olaf are lonely out there." Lilo shakes her head again as everyone laughs. "Okay okay you win. How about we go shopping?"

Lilo grins. "Finally!" she giggles.

Nala rolls her eyes. "You, little lady, spend too much time with Ally and Rose."

Lilo grins cutely and cuddles into Kate as they finish discussing their plans. Jasper comes in from his hunt with Eleazar and Garrett, smiling as he sees Nala leant on the breakfast bar looking into the large living room. He goes over and wraps his arms around her. "What's going on here then?"

"Our daughter has somehow worked in a shopping trip and we've only been here 2 days." She giggles as she leans into him.

"Of course." He chuckles.

Kate smiles over at her friend, overjoyed he's happy for the first time since she's known him; she shares a look with her sisters. "Hey, guys?" She looks back at the loved up couple. "Why don't we take this one shopping and you two can have some time alone?"

"Oh no its fine, honest-"

"It's no bother, Nally." Carmen smiles. "We can get her a new pair of boots since Rosalie forgot those and we can get her some lunch. I'm sure we can keep her alive for a few hours, right?" She shares a look with the immortals around her who all laugh, but deep down they all shudder. Can they? Taking care of a child is hard and none of them have even been around a child in many years, probably since their human days.

"That's very kind. Thank you all." Jasper smiles as he rests his chin on Nala's head.

"Go get your shoes on, girly." Kate smiles and helps Lilo off the couch, chasing after her. The others file out and Nala smiles, her heart full; she never imagined her daughter having so many influences in her life, so many people who care for her.

Jasper waits a few minutes to make sure they're gone before he spins Nala around and kisses her gently, but intensely, taking her by surprise. Her arms slowly wrap around his neck as they kiss deeply for a few moments. He rests his forehead against hers and smirks. "I had an idea..."

"Hmm?" She hums as she tries to breathe even, looking into his honey eyes.

He grins. "Let's take a shower... You and I."

Nala freezes then pulls away, wrapping her arms around herself and turning away. "No..."

Jasper frowns as he freezes too and watches her reaction. "I don't understand."

"I... I don't want you to see me." She whispers, keeping her back to him as a tear slips down her cheek. Her arms tighten around herself.

"Baby... You're beautiful to me in every single way." He frowns as he breaks a little - she's self-conscious because of what Seth did but she has no need to be.

"It's disgusting. You'd never look at me the same again." She shakes her head blinking more tears away.

"I've seen-"

"You saw them a couple times before they were healed. Now it's a mess. It's horrible. I don't want you to see me that way." she shakes her head sternly.

Jasper sighs and steps closer, his cold fingers slowly tracing down her back. Nala tenses with a gasp and goes to move away but Jasper loosely grabs her shoulder. He traces the diagonal scars across her back slowly, feeling the depth of them through the sweater she wears. "We both have battlescars... But yours are a sign of your strength. They're beautiful because they're a part of you."