Chapter 4

BELLA'S POV

"Hi mom", i said as i put my phone on loud speaker and placed it on the bed.

"How are you darling?", she asked in an odd tone.

"I'm okay", i said, standing up to stare at myself in the mirror in front of me.

Stacy had picked out a simple flare black dress with a golden belt and black flat shoes, she felt it would be suitable for wherever Wade would take me, i just really thought black was a sad and depressing colour.

"Black is not sad, black is poetic", she had said.

"I just wanted to check up on you", mom said breaking into my thoughts.

I smiled to myself, ever since she found out about the pregnancy, Mom had been extremely protective of me, "thanks mom", I said.

"What are you doing?", she asked.

"I'm about to leave the house, i have a date with Wade", i said as i picked up my phone and turned off the speaker.

"Oh, he's back?"

"Yeah and excited", i said sitting down on the bed.

She chuckled, "please be careful", she said in a solemn voice.

I creased my eyebrows together, "is something wrong?".

"No Bella, just be okay", she said.

"I will", i said as my lips curved into a smile

"Good girl, bye, i love you", she said.

"I love you too Mom", i said as she hung up the phone.

I breathed deeply and grabbed before standing up and walking out of my room towards the living room, Stacy sat on the couch pressing her phone, she looked up and stared at me.

"Pretty girl", she said in a sly tone.

I beamed, "what time is it?", i asked.

"6:52", she said staring at her phone.

"Okay"

I sat on the couch next to her and sighed nervously.

"Nervous?", she asked.

"No, its just...", i said, "things are so great now for me and Wade", i added, "but i feel like something always comes up and tries to ruin it", i said again.

She dropped her phone and moved closer to me, "nothing's gonna happen Bella", she said, "stop thinking about negative stuff", she added, "you love Wade, Wade loves you, y'all are expecting a baby, it's amazing", she said again.

I smiled at her, "thanks", i said.

"You better bring back something for me to eat", she said making me chuckle.

There was a knock at the door and i stood up to go open it, it was Felix.

"Hello", he said cheerily, "these are for you", he added handing me a bouquet of roses he had come with, "courtesy of Wade of course", he said again.

"Thank you", i said as i smiled at him and turned, walking towards Stacy, "keep these", i said softly handing them to her.

She nodded, "have fun kiddo", she said winking at me, i chuckled and left the apartment with Felix.

***

Felix and i got into a black car parked outside my apartment building, and fastened our seatbelts.

"Ready?", he asked and i nodded enthusiastically as he started the car and drove off.

"So where are we going?", i asked.

He shook his head, "i'm not allowed to tell you that", he said, "Wade would have my head for breakfast", he added.

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips, "well, thanks for nothing then", i said sarcastically.

He laughed, "do you know if your baby is gonna be a boy or a girl?", he asked.

"Nope, it's kinda early", i said.

He turned to eye me before facing the road again, "you're right, you're still kinda skinny", he said.

"Skinny?"

"Yep"

I smirked and turned to look out through the window, the night sky was just beginning to dominate the day over the horizon. Hundreds of building lit the skyline. Sunset was usually beautiful, I remembered my dad loved to watch it when he was still alive.
"The world is ugly but nature has always made up for it", he used to say. It didn't make much sense then but I guess it did now.

"Why didn't you go back to your family like those other Raiders?", i asked Felix.

"Because the Raiders are my family", he said softly.

I turned to look at him, he didn't take his eyes off the road but i could tell he had a solemn look on his face.

"Some of us don't have families to go home to, we were picked up on the streets to join the Raiders and there's nothing outside of it", he added turning to face me, "Wade didn't just give us orders", he said again, "he gave us a home", he smiled genuinely and i smiled back.

Stacy was right, thinking negative wasn't going to help anyone, i needed to be positive about life with Wade.

All of a sudden, there was a loud crash and the shattering sound of breaking glass, i screamed as my forehead collided with the dashboard.

"Bella!"

The car rolled over, lights swirling like crazy, the sound of metal bashing on the road filled my ears, the seatbelt clung to my body.

I felt disoriented, drifting in and out of consciousness, there was a bloody taste in my mouth as i realised we were upside-down in the car. I turned to look at Felix, he was unconscious, blood oozing profusely out of his head.

"F-elix", i tried to say.

I felt dizzy, i was in excruciating pain, my eyes closed, i heard car tires screeching away until they were distant.

"Help".

Who do you think hit Bella and Felix?
😭😭😭it just had to happen the night Wade was gonna propose😭😭😭
Leave a vote and a comment though👑
I've been feeling too lazy to update lately, i need more motivation y'all.