Chapter 6

WADE'S POV

"Where's your brother?", He asked

"Upstairs in his room", I said dryly as I used my fork to play with my food.

"He should be down here eating with us"

"He's doing his homework. He always does his homework before eating dinner", I said dropping my fork.

I was getting tired of this conversation.

"You're no longer with your mother, in my house you live by my rules!", he said sternly.

"Don't talk about my mom", I said angrily, standing up from the table.

"She raised a coward who lacks respect!", he said, "but I'll teach you respect"

"Is that a threat, dear old dad?", I asked spitefully.

He frowned and stared at me intently as he stood up from his seat. His angry gaze rested on me, demanding fear.

I had always been told I looked just like him.

I was nothing like him.

"I'm getting tired of your disrespect Roman"

"My name is Wade", I said clenching my fists, "and I'm getting tired of your bullshit"

His right first raised, colliding with my face immediately. I held on to the table for balance, spilling a glass of water in the process. My vision was dim and blurry and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. His hands reached for my collar grabbing it and raising me up to face him.

"You think you're a man!", he yelled into my face, "you are nothing but a stupid child Wade!", he added mockingly.

He released me, hitting me once again with his fist. I could taste the blood in my mouth.

"Fight me!, If you are such a man, fight me!"

There was the sound of a screaming woman followed by a crying baby. It was already past midnight and I still hadn't heard news about Bella. It felt like she was slipping away from me with every second that passed and I was still crying like a fucking child.

I never cried except when it came to Bella.

"Excuse me"

I looked up to see a man in a white lab coat staring at me. He had glasses on and a ridiculous amount of gel on his hair.

"The young woman in ward 13 is your friend?", he asked.

Bella...

"Yes", I heard Megan answer for me quickly.

"She's stable", he said to her, "a minor concusion but she's going to be okay", he added.

Thank God.

"What about the baby?", I asked and he turned to me, "she was pregnant. Is the baby okay?", I added, standing up when he didn't reply on time.

"I'm sorry but she lost the baby"

My insides were literally in a twist on hearing him. My chest ached and I clenched my fists. This was supposed to be our happy ending, we were supposed to go to New York and live the perfect life together.

Bella and I with our baby.

My mini Bella.

I spent hours day dreaming about what she would look like, panicking about not being the perfect father to her. Even if it was a boy, I was going to be raise it differently, away from all the tragedy.