Chapter 30

WADE

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?"

"Bali", she threw herself on the bed.

"Really?"

She smiled sheepishly, giving me a slow nod as she crawled and sat next to me.

"Why Bali?", She placed her head on my chest. It made me feel warm.

I felt her move, a shrug, I suppose, "I don't know, I saw pictures on the internet and it looked really nice"

I laughed and she looked up at me, "why are you laughing?"

"Nothing", I ran my hands through her hair, "we'll go to Bali"

Her eyes lit up, "when?"

"The next time I come to see you"

She sat up abruptly and frowned, "you're leaving again". Her absence next to me made me feel empty.

I paused, "Bella, I can't stay in Michigan for too long-

-The police are still watching you and I'm supposed to be dead"

"You don't have to go out. You can stay in the house with me", she drew circles on the sheets, "Wade, I don't have a job anymore, I get bored and when you leave, you hardly ever call or text, neither does Megan or anyone for that matter"

I grabbed her hand to pull her close. She lay her head on my chest again and I felt warm and better.

"It'll be fine", I played with her hair.

"You sure?"

"Yes, next time i come back, I'm not leaving anymore"

"But you can't stay in Michigan"

"Then we'll go to Bali", my gaze was fixed on the ceiling, "we'll go anywhere you want"

"Bali", I said mindlessly.

Ronnie raised an eyebrow.

"Bali?", she asked, "you never mentioned wanting to go there before"

"It's a new thing"

"What's in Bali?", she leaned in, "business?, drugs?"

"I just want a vacation there"

There was a knock on the door. "Wade?"

"Megan", I said, getting off the bed, "I'll be out in a minute"

I stared at Ronnie, "get dressed"

"Why is she here?", she crossed her arms.

"I have to talk to her about this whole Siri at with the hoodwinkers"

She creased her eyebrows, "you're still on your revenge kill spree with those guys"

I ignored her comment, "get dressed Veronica"

She got off the bed in silence, picking up her clothes from the floor. I pulled my jeans up and turned to her.

"I'm just saying Wade, maybe you should let all this go", she pulled one of my shirts over her head, "you're already free and we're all in new orleans, we can explore the city and go wherever we want"

"Former raiders who decided to move on and have families are being forced to go back to killing people for drugs and money and if they refuse, they die"