Chapter 18

BELLA'S POV

The door opened and Wade walked in slowly. His hair was damp and wet. His eyebrows creased in confusion. I had sat down waiting for what seemed like hours. Paranoia had set in a while ago when I didn't get an explanation as to what happened during their mission. Not to forget, what Veronica told me.

I needed to make sure it was true.

I stood up from the bed and walked towards him. He was staring at the floor, drops of water fell on the rug. I guessed he had showered in Axel's room or something.

"Wade?", I reached out to touch him and he flinched, looking up at me. He smiled, it didn't reach his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, tonight was just weird for me", he said, walking away from me and sitting down on the bed and pursing his lips. There was a scar on his cheek. He had been hit. He had been fighting.

"Did it go well?", I asked.

"Yeah, we might know who they are now"

"So why do you look like that?"

"I haven't put myself or anyone in danger for the past year. Now, it's beginning to hit me"

"What is?", I didn't like the way the conversation was going. He looked so fragile, so weak, like he was slowly breaking with each word he uttered.

He turned to me and fake smiled again, "I can't keep putting anyone in danger. It's selfish of me to take what I want and watch it get hurt"

"Wade, what are you talking about?"

He looked away from me and clapped his hands together. "I'll have someone drive you back to your apartment in the morning"

I stood up and looked at him. He still won't face me. "W-what do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said Bella, you can't stay here anymore". His voice was cold.

I felt a huge pain in my chest. "You asked me to stay here with you"

"And now I'm asking you to leave"

He turned to face me. I tried to look for any assurance of him not wanting me to actually leave. That there was something else going on and it wasn't as if his feelings changed in hours. He was fine when he left. Why was he doing this now?

Did he get a taste of blood tonight and realise that I was holding him back?

Was this about Veronica?

She was everything I wasn't. Beautiful and a gangster like Wade. She understood everything that I didn't. I was stuck in Wade's world where I didn't fit in. He never made me feel that way but he was doing that now.

I wanted answers and it felt like the whole house was keeping me out of the dark.

"What happened tonight?", I asked, my voice shaking.

He was unmoved, "nothing"

"You're lying"

"What do you want to hear?"

"That this is all some stupid joke"

That you still love me and you don't want me to leave you.

"It's not"

He stood up and faced me. His eyes softened for a while before going back to their blank, cold state. "I've realised things Bella"

"Is this about Veronica?"

He frowned. "What?"

"She's your ex, isn't she?"

Please say no.

He blinked once and pursed his lips. "Yes"

"You thought it was okay to keep that from me too?", I asked, "I'm so stupid", I said to myself.

He looked away from me.

I took a deep breath as I felt the pain in my chest hit me at full force. He was doing it again like he did ten years ago.

"At least now, you have the guts to tell me to leave instead of leaving me hanging", i said spitefully.

He flinched, "you know why that happened"

"I didn't know then. I don't know why this is happening now. Whatever it is, don't you ever come back and give me some sob story later on"

The tears had begun to stream down my cheeks at this point but I didn't care. He was so calm about it, like it was normal to leave someone after all the things you had both been through together.

"I wish you had never come back", I spat, "my second relationship was a lie because of you. Everything that happens in my life is tragic because of you"

He balled his fists, "shut the fuck up Bella!"

"Or what?!", I asked angrily, "there's absolutely nothing you can do or say that'll hurt me any more than you have now"

I was still waiting for him to tell me that it was a joke. That he was just being his goofy self, that he didn't want me to leave and he loved me. Only me.

He never did.

"I lost every single bit of normalcy I had in my life because of you despite the fact that I don't fit in here. You can't just tell me you love me, leave and then come back and say you want me to leave. It doesn't make sense!"

He watched me, his breathing increased.

"I hate how much I love you Wade Steele. I just wish this ended like every other high school relationship"

"Okay..."

"Okay?"

He shook his head. "Yeah okay"

"You're a bastard"

"I've always been one. Haven't I?", He smirked. He was referring to his dad and I regretted my statement immediately.

I walked towards the wardrobe and opened it, taking out my duffel bag. I paused. I was still in shock.

"Why did you have to do it now?", I asked, "after loosing the..."

"Don't"

He was frowning, running his hands through his hair. "Don't fucking do that"

"Do what?"

"We lost a fucking child Bella!", He said, "the both of us. Don't act like it's just you!"

"When did I ever act like it was just me?!"

He shook his head as he walked towards the door. "I'll have someone drop you off in the morning"

I said nothing and watched him walk out of the room.

That was it. It was over.

Uhm... so leave a vote even though this is sad...lol