Chapter 17

BELLA'S POV

It took two hours but I managed to apply for a couple of jobs that paid well and I knew I could enjoy. I wasn't ready to go through what I did with Leotti all those years so I silently prayed that my boss would be better this time.

I was so happy Wade took the idea of me getting a job well or maybe he really didn't support it but was saying yes anyway.

Either way, I was glad he was supporting me.

He had left a couple of hours ago and from the way he reassuringly told me he would be back, I guessed it was gang related. I was worried about him as it was almost midnight. Whenever the Raiders were involved in our lives, something bad always happened.

First Wade had left for ten years.

Then Noah.

Then my mom was taken.

It had all happened so fast, our lives spiralling out of control and the only stable thing was our love for each other.

I hoped that love would withstand whatever was going to happen now.

If only I could stop thinking so negatively and just enjoy what Wade and I had.

I sighed. I was bored and I missed Wade. I texted Stacy earlier on but she hadn't replied yet so I wasn't sure if we could video chat. I called my mom. She was still worried about my well being but I told her I was fine. It wasn't a lie. I felt better than I did while I was in the hospital just by spending a couple of days with Wade.

I hoped he would come back soon.

I walked down the hallway towards the stairs before walking down slowly. The house was quiet. Wade and Megan had left with most of the men in the house. I figured the rest of them would be somewhere in the house. Maybe I could find Axel or Felix if they hadn't left too of course, they could help with my boredom.

There was no one in the living area or the kitchen. There was a back door in the kitchen which led outside. Axel had told me there was a nice space outside if I ever wanted to clear my head or something. I walked towards it and opened it.

He wasn't lying.

The back of the house was beautiful. The bright lights shone on  flowers of several kinds on the ground. Butterflies lay on them and flew around simultaneously. The atmosphere was serene, it was like something you would see in a fairytale movie.

I loved it.

I smiled to myself as I closed the door behind me and walked out, inhaling deeply. The night breeze blew across my face, welcoming me. I stared at the flowers, wondering which one of the tough Raider men was a gardener.

"Hi", a small voice said.

I turned around and realised it was Veronica. My mood was tense immediately.

"Hi", I said softly and she smiled.

"You must be really bored, I haven't seen you actually move around the house before"

I nodded briskly, "yeah"

"It's nice, isn't it?", She looked around.

"It's beautiful", I said beaming and looking everywhere besides her face.

I felt uneasy around her for some unknown reason.

"Wade used to tell me about you", she said walking further and I unknowingly followed her. She had gotten my attention by mentioning Wade.

"Tell you what?", I asked.

"About how perfect his Bella waa. He was really in love with you then"

He still is Veronica.

I frowned but she didn't notice, "yeah"

"After a while, he took over the Raiders and you two broke up", she said, "a couple of years later, you get back together. It's really cute"

I faked a smile. I really didn't know why she was talking about Wade and I.

"Yeah, i guess. Do you know when they'll get back?", I asked looking towards the door I came out from. Maybe I should have just played games on my phone

"Even when we were together. I knew he was still in love with you"

My eyebrows furrowed together and I stared at her. She was studying me.

"What did you just say?", I asked, my tone harsher than I intended it to be.

"Oh my God", she said, her eyes softening, "he didn't tell you, did he?"

I could feel my heartbeat quickening. She was lying. She had to be. Wade would have told me he had been with her before. We didn't keep secrets from each other.

I heard the screeching of cars from out front of the house followed by muffled voices inside. They were back.

"I should go", I said softly, folding my arms and walking away quickly.

"Bella, I'm sorry"

She wasn't. She knew was she was doing. I was right to feel uncomfortable around her.

I ignored her and walked towards the door, opening it and entering inside the house. I had to find Wade, I had to know the truth.

I ran quickly towards the living area, my eyes scanning through all the men sitted on the couches and those standing up as they talked amongst themselves.

"Be careful"

It was Megan's voice. She would be able to tell me where Wade was.

I ran upstairs from where more voices came. Megan stood alone outside Axel's room in, staring at her feet with a gun tightly held in her hand.

"Megan?", I called and she turned to me quickly. Her eyes were red and puffy like she had been crying?

"What's going on?, Where's Wade?"

She looked at the door to Axel's room and inhaled deeply. "He's in there"

"Is he okay?"

She nodded, "he's fine"

I sighed in relief. For a moment there, I as scared something had happened.

"You can't see him now", she added.

My eyebrows creased in confusion, "why?"

She pursed her lips, "don't worry Bella", she said, "just go back to your room. Wade will be there soon"

Don't forget to hit that star button!✨