Chapter 5

WADE'S POV

It was 8:30pm and Felix still hadn't arrived with Bella.

I was freaking out.

I called the both of them a thousand times and still nothing.

"He's still not picking up", I heard Megan say and I turned to look at her, "maybe they're stuck in traffic?", She said obviously trying to get me to not overthink
It wasn't working though.

"If they're stuck in traffic, he should at least pick up his damn phone!", I said frustratingly.

"Calm down Wade"

I walked away from her towards the candle lit dinner table she and the guys had worked so hard to set up for Bella and i, I sat down and took out my phone, scrolling through my contacts to find Stacy's number and dialed it. Placing the phone next to my ear, i listened to the ringing tone as I watched the fire on one of the candles dance slowly.

"Hello", I heard Stacy say.

"Stacy, thank God you answered", I said sighing in relief.

"Wade?, What's wrong?".

"Is Bella with you?", I asked.

"No, she left with the guy you sent to pick her up a while back", she said, "is something wrong?", She asked, concern evident in her voice.

I had a feeling that something was wrong and I didn't like it.

"I have to go", I said, "please try to call Bella and contact me if you can get to her", I added standing up quickly.

"Wade, what's..."

I hung up and placed the phone in my pocket, not knowing where Bella was and what was going on made me uneasy and I couldn't waste any more time talking to Stacy, I needed to find my girlfriend. I walked over to Megan.

"Gve me the car keys", I said.

"Where are you going?", She asked.

"To look for them, where else would I be going to?", I asked in an harsh tone.

She frowned, "I'm just trying to make sure you're not overreacting Wade", she said.

"I'm not, I don't like the way I feel about this tardiness, now hand over the damn car keys".

I had this painful feeling in my gut, I couldn't tell if it was worry or something else. Bella was carrying our child, every single second away from her scared me, I needed to be close to her, I needed to protect her from anything even as little as a paper cut.
I had to get rid of this feeling and seeing her right about now would really help.

"Fine but I'm not letting you drive while you're freaking out like this so I'll go with you", Megan said.

I chose not to reply and walked away from her towards the garden's exit, "call me if they get here", I heard her say to probably one of the guys, I walked out of the garden and towards the passenger side of my car, she walked around it and opened the car from the driver's side as we both got in quickly.

"So where are we going?", She asked as she slid her seatbelt around her body.

"Just take the route back to her apartment, we'll meet them on the way or something", I said, looking out through the window at the garden's gate.

It used to be my mother's favourite place in the world when she was alive and we lived here, I remembered coming there with she and Axel. I thought it would be perfect, my last memory in this town would be where I saw my mom smile the most, it would be where Bella would agree to spend the rest of her life with me.

I heard the car start and Megan drove off, I tapped my finger on my thigh impatiently as my eyes skimmed through every single car we passed.

"Can you drive faster?", I asked harshly.

"If I drive fast, we wouldn't have time to make a thorough search!", Megan said angrily and I sighed, I could tell she was just as frustrated as i was, I was being rude to her when she was just as worries as I was and it was stupid on my part.

"I'm sorry", we both said in unison

I chuckled slightly, "I just hate how this didn't go according to plan", I said.

"I know, we spent a lot of time working on this proposal and stupid Felix can't even get the girl back here on time", she said rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and turned to look at her, "you pick on Felix a lot, you know?", I said, smirking.

"Because he's an idiot", she said, turning to face me.

"Do you like the idiot?"

"Of course not, are you dumb Wade?", She asked in an uncovincing tone.

"You like the idiot", I said grinning.

"Shut up before I hit you", she said as she turned to face the road but I noticed a small smile appear on her face.

It was nice to take my mind off the situation at hand for a while.

"We're going to find her", Megan said, "don't worry", she added.

"We're gonna find them", I said and she nodded slowly.

The drive went on for a couple of minutes and there was still no sign of Felix and Bella, I ran my hands through my hair and bit my lip.

I was beyond worried at this point.

I took out my phone and tried to call Bella again, I listened to it ring for a while and groaned in frustration when it went straight to voicemail yet again.

I stared at my phone screen and sighed, "why the fuck aren't you picking up Bella?", I asked even though I knew she couldn't hear or answer me.

"Wade..."

I looked up to see the cause of Megan's cracking voice as the car slowed down. In front of us was an ambulance and not too far away from it was an upturned black car which looked way too familiar.

"No..."

I got out of the car hurriedly and rushed towards the capsized car, I could hear Megan yelling something behind me but I couldn't make out what it was.
I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything except for that ruined car.
I turned to see a nurse getting ready to close the ambulance.

"Wait!", I yelled as I ran towards her and looked inside.

My heart stopped for a second.

"No, no, no, w-what happened?", I asked shakingly.

"There was an accident", the nurse said, "do you know them?", She asked, tilting her head but I couldn't bring myself to reply, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"They're friends of ours", I heard Megan say behind me, she was being a lot stronger than I was at this point considering the fact that laying next to Bella was a bad shapen Felix.

"Is it okay if I come with you, please?", I turned to face the nurse, "she's my girlfriend", I added and she simply nodded.

I turned to look at Megan, "I'll follow with the car", she said, "be with her", she added and I nodded and got into the ambulance.

Her face was mostly covered with an oxygen mask and she was lying unconscious with a bandage wrapped around her head. Felix lay on another stretcher next to her and he didn't look so good either, his clothes were torn and he had cuts on his face, to think I was thinking about kicking his ass a couple of minutes ago.

I moved closer to Bella and warm tears had began to stream down my cheeks as the ambulance doors closed behind me.

I really missed writing so I came back
So hiii... here's a new chapter, I hope you loved it
Leave a vote and a comment so I can read your thoughts
Thank you❤️❤️❤️❤️