Chapter 13

WADE'S POV

She furrowed her eyebrows at me before rolling her eyes.

"What is it now Megan?", I asked smirking at her.

"I still don't understand why Sanchez is here", she said dryly.

Axel turned to look at the two of us simultaneously, "I knew the other woman in the house looked familiar", he said, "that's Veronica"

Megan rolled her eyes again and I chuckled.

Megan and Veronica never got along. I settled for the fact that there was probably some unknown competition going on between the two of them seeing as they were the only female Raiders who worked in California.

"Why is she here?", Axel asked.

"Exactly what I wanna know", Megan said turning to face me. I leaned backward into the chair I was sitting on and stared at both of them sitting across from me.

"I thought we were talking about finding Mae", I said softly and watched Axel's features change.

"We'll send a fucking squad to Italy if we have to", Megan said, "but you know you can't have Sanchez here and you know why"

"That was a long time ago", I said, avoiding eye contact with her.

"I don't care, I don't trust her"

The study was silent for a while before I took a deep breath. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Yeah?", Axel called out and the door opened, revealing Ronnie.

"Hi", she said shyly as she worked in and Megan rolled her eyes for the millionth time already.

"Is something wrong?", I asked

"No, I was just wondering if we could talk", Ronnie said, "in private"

I stared at both Megan and my brother and shrugged, "we'll talk but with them here"

Ronnie and Megan stared at each other intently and Axel got up, walking towards a table in a corner of the room where bottles of wine stood.

"Fine", Ronnie said flatly. She moved to sit on the empty chair and turned to me. "It's about California"

"We don't get involved in that anymore", Megan and I said in unison and Ronnie frowned at Megan's intrusion.

"Just hear me out please", she said and I nodded.

Axel walked back to us holding a glass of wine in his hand. I frowned at the thought of him drinking over Mae again but he simply dropped the glass in front of Ronnie, shrugging when she looked up at him questioningly. I smiled.

"Start with why you're here", Megan said to Ronnie.

"I'm in trouble"

"What kind of trouble?"

"There's a new gang in California and..."

"Wait!", I said interrupting the two women, "a new gang?"

"Yes", Ronnie said nodding quickly, her face filled with gratitude for saving her from Megan's interrogation.

"What the fuck?", I said in disbelief. The last thing I expected was more gangs to be honest.

"A couple of months back, I was asked to be recruited as an ex raider into this new group promising to revolutionise to gang world", she said, "I didn't know saying no would mean danger"

"What kind of danger?", Megan asked.

"It's either yes or be killed", Ronnie said, her hands gripping the glass of wine in front of her, "when I heard you were dead, I couldn't believe it so I came down here to find out if it was true. I knew the rivals couldn't kill you off so easily"

She drank the wine swiftly and a small smile made its way to my lips when I remembered what I did a year ago for Bella.

"I know this seems like it's my problem Wade but I swear that's not all", Ronnie said in a fidgety manner. "I tried to get help from other ex Raiders but most of them are dead and the rest are in hiding"

What?

"What are you talking about?"

"They got to them too and killed off the ones who refused", she said.

I turned to look at Megan who had a frown on her face. Axel turned to look at me, pursing his lips and breathing heavily. He was thinking about Mae, I just knew it.

"Wade, you don't think...", He tried to say but I held up a finger to shut him up.

"No", I said.

"How are we so sure we can trust you?", Megan asked Ronnie.

"You don't really have a choice now, do you Meg?", Ronnie asked spitefully, "ask around, call up a bunch of people. They are dying Wade", she said, turning to me.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I couldn't believe this.

"Are you fucking sure of what you're saying right now?", I asked Ronnie. I couldn't handle the fact that there was someone out there, killing Raiders. The people I had considered family for years.

"I'm not lying, I swear", she said.

I turned to Axel and then to Megan, "what do you think?"

Axel shrugged, "we can't just ignore it. I know we're laying low and you're supposed to be dead but we can't just ignore it"

I nodded. He was right.

Megan stood up and faced Ronnie, "if you're lying, I'll kill you myself", she said, "but if you're telling the truth then whoever these bastards are, they're going to pay"

I smirked and turned to face Ronnie, "tell me everything you know"

Vote and comment❤️