Chapter 39

BELLA

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...

I had spent six days in the metal room since I woke up. Everyday, a masked guard would walk into the room, untie my arms and give me a plate of food. Then he would stand with a gun pointed at me and wait till I was done eating before tying me back to the the chair. Wade's uncle said he wasn't a monster and as such, i could have me one meal every day at noon.

Six meals meant six days.

The food tasted like garbage. Most of it either undercooked or overcooked but who was I to complain? I wasn't given water besides those I got during my meals but Veronica- although, I was certain she knew nothing about it was helpful in that area.

Veronica was bitter and angry. Everyday, just before my meals, she would come taunt me with the fact that I was her hostage and that there was no way out for me. She wore a different outfit each time she came so I knew it was a new day.

Sick outfits meant six days.

Veronica also held in her hand a long hose and I wasn't sure where exactly it was connected to but coupled with the sound of the leaking pipes I could hear; I was sure we were close to a large source of water. She used the hose to spray my face quite often just to 'punish' me and I acted like she was. I couldn't let her know i relied on her as my second source of water. The water tasted like iron but it was also really clear.

The chair I sat and slept on wasn't the only object in the room anymore. A bucket stood in the corner and that was my 'restroom' Whenever I slept off or passed out from being too weak, someone must have come in to take the bucket out and replace it with a new one because it was always different when I woke up.

Veronica paced around the room slowly, "Bella...Bella...Bella"

I sighed. I was tired of her games.

"What happens now?"

She stopped in front of me and raised one dark brow, "what?"

"Why haven't you killed me? what are you waiting for?"

She frowned, "we're fixing Catalina's mistake", she gritted her teeth.

Catalina was the third person in charge here. I had only seen her twice. The first time was the day I woke up. She had blamed Veronica for something that had gone wrong in whatever plan they had. The second time I saw her was on my fourth day. The door had opened and a guard had walked in carrying my usual plate of food for me. Outside the room, I heard a female voice, speaking in fluent Spanish. When I looked up, our eyes met for a brief second and then she looked away.

I didn't know who she was. I didn't care to either. Every single one of them had been responsible for my accident and the death of my unborn child. They were the reason I lost my chance at a normal life with Wade. If anything, I understood why people killed all of a sudden.

"Catalina seems to think otherwise", my stomach rumbled but I ignored it, "I remember her saying you made the mistake"

"You don't know what you're talking about!", Veronica snapped at me.

The mistake had cost her something. If I could push further, I could understand what happened. I only needed to make sure she didn't figure out what I was trying to do.

I shrugged, "I'm only saying what I heard"

Veronica gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, "I hate her!", she yelled, "she doesn't believe in anything I do. I got into the house, I got Wade to trust me", she smirked playfully at me, "I even got him to do other things with me"