1 - A New Face

[ REWRITTEN ]

Everything had made Jim completely baffled - being chosen to be the Trollhunter was like a wrecking ball of unknown information that crushed him with a single hit. And he has a new secret life ahead of him now!

"so, what did you decide?" Toby questions as he nudges Jim's arm.

"That if anyone finds out about what happens in my kitchen last night, we'll both be committed," Jim says.

"I meant about kicking Steve's butt?" Toby reminds Jim about his fight while throwing a few air punches.

"Give up the dream, Tobes" Jim says and the amulet emits a ding from his bag. Toby immediately goes to it and takes a peek at it, "does this thing run on batteries or something?"

Jim looks up and saw Steve's friends.

"How should I know? It didn't come with a manual," Jim states as he points at his bag.

"Does it feel like you're going to, you know, change?" Toby questions. Jim processed it in his head and his eyes widen, "Oh no!" Jim croaks. When he looked up, he noticed a girl he didn't recognize. She has long curly platinum blonde hair, it shone in the light as she walked into the school with her parent walking along the side of her.

Jim stopped gazing when Toby suddenly and immediately pushes him into a secluded space where no one was to be found in the dark corners of the men's change room. A blue light emits from behind the wall, the weight of Jim's armor made him fall backward and crashing onto the ground.

"So cool!" Toby comments as he looks at Jim's Trollhunter armor. He started to question a lot of things about the amulet just letting him put on his trollhunter armor.

"Okay. Why did it do that for?" Jim questioned loudly.

"Jim?" Mr. Strickler voice was heard from the entrance of the men's changing room. Jim and Toby immediately hide, but they realize that there was any place to hide, except the lockers but no way.

"Go and get him out of here!" Jim muttered loudly to Toby.

Toby was on the ground hiding behind the bench in between the lockers, "how?" Toby questions, fearfully.

"Just go!" Jim begs once more. Toby gives up and walks out of one of the columns of lockers and was met with Mr. Strickler. Once Toby was in front of him, he had no idea how to get him and Jim had nowhere to hide - at all. He was going to get caught!

"Oh. Hey, Mr. Strickler!" Toby greets with a nervous smile.

"Toby, do you know where Jim is? I believe he came in here," Mr. Strickler states.

"Yeah, he, um, he's having issues, you know?" Toby starts his distraction, he was horrible at it that Mr. Strickler just walked passed by him to look over in one of the columns, "Taco Tuesday. Vicious!"

Mr. Strickler seemed rather surprised when he saw Jim dressing up in his blue glistening armor. Jim was greeted by Mr. Strickler's appearance, he stands straight up and smiles awkwardly.

"Jim, I don't think that's proper school attire. Do you?" Mr. Strickler points out his "improper attire" in the men's changing room. Jim looks down at himself and forces a laugh.

"Oh yeah... this. Funny story, it's for uh..." Jim tries to think of something to finish off his excuse to hide that he isn't the Trollhunter and wields the Amulet, "Romeo and Juliet!"

"Yeah! It's for the tryouts!" Toby added in loudly.

"Yeah! The tryouts for Romeo and Juliet!" Jim echoed Toby's statement. Mr. Strickler looked surprised and collected about the boys' rambling words that were based around the tryouts for Romeo and Juliet.