15 - Midnight's Secret

[ Taken during Episode 12, Blake is unconscious most of the time when Jim went to go save Claire. So, it's going to be sort of a small chapter. Plus, sorry, my writing is a little sloppy today, but enjoy ]

Jim and Toby were freaking out about last night about seeing a duplicate of another Trollhunter. He thought there was only ONE Trollhunter that protects troll and mankind together.

"Except they had black armor and purple linings that glow! It was, like, an opposite of you: you control daylight and maybe they control the night. The question is: are they good or evil?" Toby tells himself while Jim was daydreaming. It wasn't his first time seeing the Midnight Trollhunter. That night at Toby's house when they were running away from goblins, he saw them fight off the goblins.

As they walked into the school, they immediately eyed everyone down. Out of all of these students in the school, it could be someone that they barely know or practically walks like an invisible person - but who?

"Do you have any idea who it is?" Jim questions.

"Who you looking for?" Jim and Toby jumped, they looked beside them and saw Blake. They noticed that her hair was standing up.

"Woah, Blake, what happened, is Chubaca living in your hair?" Toby questions.

Blake sarcastically laughs, "no, I took a late shower and went to bed with wet hair and this is what my hair ended up looking like a caveman - or woman," Blake grumbles as she yawns.

"And you didn't go to bed early on time, did you?" Jim questions.

"What are you, my mom? No, of course not, I ended up studying for a test that is in fours," Blake slouches, "I regret my decision,"

The bell rings and Blake went walking to her classroom without saying a single goodbye to Jim and Toby. This made them suspicious about Blake but not entirely to the point where they had to interrogate them, just onto a list of suspects.

The Trollhunters were in the same class as Blake. They watched her from the back of the classroom. Blake was in the middle of the clustered desks and chairs.

As time went by, they found nothing about Blake that was out of the ordinary that could be a troll thing. Jim and Toby decide not to bother Blake anymore with their death glares in the classes they had together. It just seemed weird.

~~~

Midnight. The worst time for Jim to endure, he had to fight the goblins, changelings, and Gummgumms that lurk in the night.

Blake sits at her desk, writing notes until she heard her amulet dinging - calling out to her. Blake's black eyes faded into a solid color - solid like black paint being plastered onto a clean white canvas. She gets up from her chair and brings out her amulet in her hand and glances at her amulet. The purple illuminating from the amulet reflected from her black soulless eyes.

"It's time, Gunmar will get out today..." Blake says in an eerie child-like voice.

"For the Glory of Merlin, Midnight is mine to command," Blake's armor appears on her whole body and jumped out of her window onto a building. She lands like a superhero and looks up. Her eyes revealed bloodthirst and glory and a certain type of rage. The bridge was complete and they had the amulet of Daylight.

The Midnight Trollhunter begins to jump from the building to building, all the way to the museum where the Killahead Bridge was all along.

Once she got there, she was greeted by Bular, Mr. Strickler, and Nomura.

"It's the Midnight Trollhunter!" Nomura exclaims as she brings out her weapons. Bular stops her from attacking Blake the Midnight Trollhunter.

"She's with me," Bular points out. Nomura puts her weapons away and goes at ease but her eyes were still on the Midnight Trollhunter.

"Blake!?" Mr. Strickler was surprised that it was Blake.

Mr. Strickler and Nomura had many questions and Bular decides to explain it to them about Blake being there with them, "when I fought with the Midnight Trollhunter once, while our brawl I noticed they were resisting a certain urge. Then it was clear to me, the amulet that they possess was once my father's amulet," with this type of information, it made them gasp.

Bular smiled maniacally, "this little pupil here, Blake as you call her, has dark magic in her. However, she still has good magic within her that prevents the dark magic from taking her over," Bular chuckles and goes in front of the Killahead Bridge where his father stood.

Mr. Strickler ignores Blake and brings the amulet toward Bular. The goblins were chanting in their language. Blake was just standing there in her armor and staring into the entrance where Gunmar was standing. Bular jumps on the top of the Killahead Bridge.

"For centuries, Father, we have waited for your glorious return," Bular raises the amulet with both of his hands, "tonight, we take back the surface lands - tonight, we feast!" Bular exclaims. Every goblin cheers and roars in response.

"Finally, after centuries being in the Darklands..." Gunmar's voice called from the mist from the Killahead Bridge. Bular places the Amulet on the socket of the bridge, the little parts of the amulet started to spin rapidly and blue mist coming from the amulet glowed like blue smoke.

The amulet rang, which made everyone feel off in the room. The Eyestone began to glow through a crack and the whole room shook, "Something is wrong!" Bular exclaims.

"Take the amulet out now!" Mr. Strickler commands as he slowly walks toward the bridge with his arms in front of his face as the gust of blue ancient mist expanded. Bular jumps and hangs from the side of the bridge, attempting to rip the amulet from the socket of the bridge but Daylight refused. Bular body was thrown to the ground.

"The portal is closing. My son!" Gunmar reaches his hand out, trying to break the barrier between the Darklands and the surface, but to no avail.

Bular gets up and reaches his hand out, "Father!"

"My son, what have you done?!" Gunmar questions.

Once again, Bular called out to his father, as soon as he did the portal closed. The amulet falls from the socket in the bridge and everyone went silent. Mr. Strickler grabs the amulet and looks at the inscription on the ring of the amulet.

"Daylight is HIS to command!" Mr. Strickler exclaims in realization. Bular grabs Strickler by his neck and growled like he was going to eat his head off.

"You said the amulet would open the bridge!" Bular exclaims.

Blake's eyes began to flicker with a few blinks. Her stance changed from straight back to a slouched back. She brings her hand on to her pale forehead and shakes her head softly as her vision and hearing come back to her senses.

While Bular and Strickler were yelling at each other. Bular turns around and commands his goblins and Nomura to find the Trollhunter of Daylight to open the Killahead bridge. Bular notices Blake regaining her consciousness, she wasn't under the dark spell anymore. Bular immediately takes action by taking out his sword but Mr. Strickler steps in between Blake and Bular.

"I won't let you injure Blake!" Mr. Strickler announces. Bular growls, "instead of killing her, let her be--"

"And let her go to tell others about the Bridge being complete!?" Bular roars.

Blake finally regained her hearing but she couldn't see clearly, it was slightly blurry. She rubs her eyes, as she did that she felt an agonizing pain on the back of her head. Nomura knocked her out using her weapon. Blake's armor disappears into dark purple mist and then slowly faded away like smoke.

~~~

Blake wakes up with a major pain on the back of her head. It was still Midnight, maybe it was all a dream - nightmare, even. Just like every other nightmare that everyone goes through they end up waking up in the middle of the night - afraid to go back to sleep.

"How long have I been asleep - wait a minute," Blake looks at her desk and notices her notebooks still there. She always puts them away when she gets ready to fall asleep.

"What happened?" She asked herself, she now becomes really paranoid and confused about what had happened tonight. Something definitely made her walk on her own against her will as a ghost would when they possess someone's body.

Blake wanted to uncover these secrets that confused her so much, "Blinky must have something in his library,"