4 - Jim and Blake

After everything that has happened from yesterday. There was a whole world of Trolls underneath their very feet other than plumbing and dirt. Toby thought of that for a long time until yesterday when they saw it themselves.

Jim was sitting in his class minding his business, he looked around his history classroom. Now that he thought about it, Mr. Strickler wasn't here and a supply teacher was in his place for the day.

"Hey, where is Mr. Strickler?" Jim leaned over in front of him and asked another student.

"From what I heard, Mr. Strickler is showing the new kid around and won't be back till lunch begins," they answered.

Jim tilted his head in confusion and crosses his arms as he slouched into his chair. That student he saw earlier from his Romeo and Juliet audition, maybe that was them.

Apparently, the news about the new girl was already spreading like a plague. They called her nicknames based on her appearance; "The Pale Grunge", "Vampire", "Silver-i-locks", "Ghost Biker", etc.

The bell rang, all of the students grab their textbooks and notebooks and scurried out of their classroom and another. When the other classes were in session, but it passed by so quickly because the classes were so boring it felt like all of the students were sleeping with their eyes open during that time.

On the other hand, Jim was called to Mr. Strickler's office right after he was done his class and before lunch started. Once Jim got there, he opened the door and looked through Mr. Strickler's door and saw a student sitting straight in front of Mr. Strickler's desk.

"Ah, Young Atlas, I would like you to meet Blake," Mr. Strickler puts a hand on Blake's shoulder. She turns around and looked at Jim directly in the eyes. His bright blue looking into Blake's black eyes. He thought he was looking into a black hole for a second.

Jim waved, "Hi, I'm--"

Blake cut him off, "James Lake Junior, Jim, Jimbo, Young Atlas, and - quote on quote - 'buttsnack', Mr. Strickler is very fond of you as his favorite and I've heard some nicknames around," She reaches her hand as a greet to a handshake.

Jim gladly accepts the greet. They shook their hands for a second and pulled apart from each other.

"Young Atlas, I would like you to show her around Arcadia Oaks, she's never had the chance to go around town and I was hoping you'd be interested to take her there," Mr. Strickler informs.

Jim nods and looks at Blake. It's always the eyes, he felt like he as being sucked in by her blackhole-like eyes and that intense stare.

"Sure, I'll show her around tomorrow after school--"

"Actually, it can't be tomorrow Jim, she starts her work at a cafe that she is working at, it has to be after school today or I can let you go right now and I'll handle it," Mr. Strickler says.

Jim's eyes widen and glances at Blake, "you work at a cafe, which one?"

"iTea, it's going to be open tomorrow in the morning and I am going to be working there," Blake responds with a stern expression.

Mr. Strickler decides to cut in between the both of them, "I am glad that you guys are getting along well, but it seems to me that I will be signing you out for the rest of the day so you can give her a tour of Arcadia Oaks," Mr. Strickler implies as he smiles softly.

Jim and Blake look at him and at each other, they both agreed with Mr. Strickler and they made their way out of the school until Toby saw them exiting the school.

"Yo, Jimbo! Where are you going, dude?" Toby questions, Jim turns his attention toward his friend and looks at him.

"I was signed out to show our new student and new neighbor around Arcadia," Jim states.