35 - A Dying Hero is Never Off The Job

After using air support in ICU, Blake was getting discharged today. Apparently, there was nothing wrong with her but she couldn't get her mind off of the darkness going to consume her into a death time limit within a month. Only six days have passed during her sleep meaning she had 25 days left until that day comes.

Blake was waiting for the nurses to take the wires away from her arms and chest. She was blankly staring at the floor, thinking about how many days she's got left before the darkness consumes her.

"Ok, we're here to unplug you from the ICU and get discharged," the nurse says. They slowly and carefully remove the wire and needles from Blake.

As she was removed from the ICU unit she has discharged from the hospital once again, "Well, well, well, it's Blake," Blake recognized that voice very well.

It was Dr. Lake, also known as Jim's mother, "oh, Dr. Lake,"

"What has happened to you this time?" Dr. Lake questions with a smug look, joking slightly.

"Oh, having a hard time to breathe normally, abnormally high temperatures, blurry visions from time to time, and deadly headaches,"

"That sounds serious, but I am guessing it's a..."

"Yeah, from stress, lack of sleep, and a panic attack - all in one,"

"You gotta take better of yourself. Make sure you rest well, Blake," Dr. Lake recommends with a smile. Blake smiles softly and walks out of the hospital. Blake took a big deep breath in and got a ride in her sister's car.

Going back home wasn't the same. Ash was in her room being sad and traumatized by the sudden sickness Blake fallen into and her mother still hadn't opened the cafe for a while. The customers understood why it was closed because of the owner's daughter fainted in front of them. Sky was worse, she had bags under her eyes and was overworking herself at her job outside of the cafe to keep herself occupied.

It suddenly got dark and depressing at their house ever since Blake's faint and abnormal symptoms. They thought she was going to die. What they didn't know that she IS going to die by the darkness consumption from her amulet.

Blake went to her room to lay down on her soft bed. She missed the feeling of her bed. The hospital beds felt hard like stone. Blake felt uncomfortable but she had to get used to it.

A sound of vibrations was made at her nightstand and saw her phone ringing, it was Claire, she groaned but she answered the phone anyway, "hello?"

'Hey, you are discharged from the hospital?' Claire questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

'Toby and I wanted to visit once more before you got discharged but I guess we were too late for that, huh?'

"Yeah. This isn't what you called me for, is it?"

'Ha, yeah. We are planning to retrieve the pieces of the bridge, I thought we needed some helping hands,'

Blake raised an eyebrow. Pieces in the boxes? "Wait, what do you mean?"

'Queen Usurna destroyed the bridge while Jim nearly escaped but she is putting the pieces in the darkest place where it couldn't be found. So, that's why we are going to prevent that from happening. NotEnrique is coming with us'

"Ok, where is it exactly?"

'Meet at the roads in the forest, you in?'

"I'm in. I'll be there in 10," Blake ends the call and gets her stuff. She hears her door open and immediately freezes in place. Blake turns her head around slowly and at the corner of her eye, she sees her older sister.

"You're not going to do another job as the Midnight Trollhunter," Sky declared.

"Look," Blake sighs and turns around, facing her sister with a sad expression. Sky gasps, "I don't want to let the darkness consume me while I'm in my bed, at school, or anywhere. So, now, I'm a dying hero who is never off the job," Blake protested.

Sky crosses her arms and sighs, "fine, you can go, but be careful,"

Blake nods and grabs her amulet and phone for just in case.

'I'm a dying hero for 25 days but a hero, like me, who takes command of the night. I am never off the job,' Blake proclaimed to herself.

Sky was shocked when Blake was willing to die as a hero for Trollkind and Arcadia. She wishes otherwise, for the sake of her friends and family.