Short Story #10

"... I-I'm sorry... but I don't feel the same way... can we still be friends?"

Friends... that came like a slap on the face...

"U-h yes! S-sure! .... I-I have to-o go!"

He ran, that was all he could do, running away as his eyes stung. Hot tears fell down to his cheek, as he came near Tok Aba's house. As he enters the house, he immediately rushes towards his room, not wanting attention from his grandfather and friend. He slams his door shut, causing a loud "Boom!" to echo. He wasn't mad, no he wasn't upset either, he was just... heartbroken. He sits down on the floor, brooding over his ridiculous confession to the girl he liked. He groans, imagining how dumbfounded he must've looked like earlier.

There was a knock on his window, "Boboiboy?"

He silently curses, before wiping away his tears. He musters a fake smile, as he opens his window. "Hey Yaya... what's up?"

"The sky..." Yaya retorted, this made him slightly smile.

"No seriously, what's up? Why are you here?"

Yaya looks at him worriedly, "Boboiboy... are you alright? I saw you crying earlier..."

He smiles, though it was a fake. "Yeah, I'm fine... I'm fine..."

Yaya crosses her arms, her eyebrows furrowing. "No you're not! Your eyes are faintly red! Don't you even think you can trick me with that fake smile of yours!"

He sighs, "I hate the fact, that you seem to read me like a book..."

Yaya softly grins at him, "You can't hide anything from me! You can trick the others, but not me! Mr I-Am-As-Readable-As-A-Book!"

He groans, though his lips were slightly curled into a smile. "That nickname is the worst! You need to think of something else!"

Yaya arches a brow, "Well excuse you! But I give you perfect nicknames! Mr I-Don't-Want-To-Share-My-Secrets!"

He playfully rolls his eyes, "I seem to disagree with that statement..."

"Hmph! Meanie!"

If he was being honest, he felt incredibly better, perhaps Yaya was some kind of joy bringer... Perhaps he could just forget about his stupid confession, yes... Yaya would help him forget about-

"So Boboiboy... what did happen?" Yaya asks, coming closer.

Never mind... she just brought it up. This caused him to frown, as he retreated back to his dim room. Yaya sighs worriedly, before entering his room through the window. Boboiboy sits down on his bed, a sad smile present on his face. Yaya sits next to him, hoping that he would open up to her.

"There's this girl I like..."

Yaya hums for him to continue, though her heart slightly ached.

"I-I confessed to her... but she doesn't... she doesn't like me back..." He stops, a single drop of tear was released from his eye.

Yaya hugs him, which Boboiboy immediately hugs back to, both were in tears.

"She doesn't deserve your affections, she's blind... she can't see how perfect you are..." Yaya whispers, as Boboiboy gently hugs her tighter.

"Thanks Yaya... that really helps... but you have got to admit... I suck at love..." He miserably chuckles, earning a small glare from Yaya.

"Boboiboy, can't you see? You don't suck at love! You suck at finding it! You're always searching in the wrong place!" Yaya suddenly bursts out.

He frowns, "Where do you suggest I start looking?"

Yaya hugs him even more tighter, burying her head unto his chest. "Right beside you..."

His eyes grow wide, as Yaya refuses to meet him in the eye. "Yaya, look at me... please..."

She doesn't answer.

"Yaya~! Come on! Please look at me... Or else I'll tell everybody you have a crush on me!"

"Not like it wasn't obvious... everyone already knows except you dummy!" Yaya mumbles.

"Huh?! Everyone?! How come I only found out now?!"

"Cause your stupidly dense!"

"Hey!"

Yaya looks up to meet his eyes, "Look Boboiboy... just forget what I said... it was stupid to suggest..."

Boboiboy caresses her cheek, "Please, as if I can forget something like that..."

"Please... I don't want our friendship to change...." Yaya said, until suddenly an arm wraps around her waist.

Boboiboy raises her chin up, causing them to have lock into each other's eyes. Boboiboy's gaze transfers from her eyes to her lips, he pulls her closer to him. Their faces were only a few distances away, both could feel each other's breath touching upon their skins. Yaya leans slightly closer, making their lips only a few inches away. Boboiboy then too leans closer, but he doesn't stop, his eyes were completely locked with her lips. But before he could close the gap between them, the door swings right open.

"Hey Boboiboy-"

Gopal looks at them wide-eyed, his jaw dropping. "Was I disturbing something?"

Boboiboy glares at him, before sarcastically replying. "Oh wow, like you haven't notice anything..."

"Oops! I-I should get out then!"

"You think?"

Gopal leaves the room, making Boboiboy huff in annoyance. He turns to Yaya, "Where were we?

"Uh..."

"Oh right, here-"

Boboiboy quickly closes the gap between them, catching Yaya by surprise, but still she kisses him back.

This is how a happy ending should end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Collaboration work with: BOYAisdamnreal