Short Story #19

Pretty.

This was the word he didn't expect to come out of his mouth. Especially to describe his childhood friend. In fact, he could describe this childhood friend of his with many things. Strong, independent, intelligent, strict, fierce and the list goes on. But, never did it cross his mind to call her 'pretty'. That is... until now.

Seated next to him, looking at the moon with a such soft smile. That was the moment he thought she was really pretty. Her honey colored orbs filled with gentleness and her petal lips showing off a smile. The moment he laid eyes on this scene, he was caught in a trance. His heart started to beat louder and he felt breathless. She spoke to him in a low voice. She spoke of many things, however, he could only hear the beating of his heart. When she turned her head and looked at him in the eye, the world around him seemed to disappear. All he could see was her. Every moment she made, his heart hammered in his chest leaving him in turmoil. Clueless of his internal conflict, she smiled at him, she leaned closer and whispered...

"Isn't the moon lovely tonight?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this old draft in my laptop. Not particularly good but it reminded me of my past passions.