Short Story #18

Slipping each of his hands on his orange gloves, a small smirk formed on his lips. It's time... He thought as the room lit up.

"Are you ready to meet your fighters?!" A man with a jet black suit yells at the crowd around him. A microphone evident on his hands.

The crowd's joyful shouts of approval thunders inside the stadium, making the man grin widely.

"Let's get to them, shall we?!" The man exclaims, and he playfully spins around, stopping at the direction to his right. "Entering the arena on my right... is our 19 year champion! The Metal Hound of the Plaza! Mechallión!"

The crowd cheers, their yells and shouts full of enthusiasm echoing inside the humongous stadium. And as their cheers settled down, the ground began to rumble. The stadium lights moved rapidly towards the arena's right corner, before stopping, presenting the what seemed to be humongous metal doors.

Thud!
Thud!
Thud!
Thud!
Thud!

The metals doors swung open, a man as large and bulk as a rhinoceros barged in to the arena. On every step the large man took, the stadium's ground shook with such a great force. The people around began to cheer yet again, amazement and adoration sparkled in their eyes as the man raised up his beefy arms to flex.

"Look at him! A powerful man indeed! With a strength of a hundred full grown men, this monster has crushed all of his opponents and is known for his brutal knockouts! Keeping his reign as champion for 19 whole years! For tonight, will he finally reach a terrifying record of 20 years?!"

Cheers echoed in the stadium, signs and posters were raised up and waved vigorously. The supposed-to-be Mechallión grins as he witness this, a proud expression etched on his face.

"Or will he be defeated by our new challenger?"

The proud grin on his face wiped away. Huff! Surely I will win! I've crushed all my enemies one by one. I haven't lost for years! Mechallión thought as he watched the crowd laugh amongst themselves.

"Entering on my left... is our challenger of the year! Making his debut today! The grandson of the fighting legend Fu Aba! The heroic Boboiboy!"

As the stadium lights move towards the left side of the arena, the crowd watch eagerly as the lights come at a stop at the solid ground. It did not even reach the metal doors, in fact, it was meters away. Silenced ushered the whole stadium, the crowd could only blink their eyes dumbly. Was there a problem with the lights? Why would it stop on the dirty ground?

Before one could utter a single word, the ground shook with tremendous force and the sturdy walls around them began to move. The crowd that were just seated a while ago, were now standing up in panic.

"An earthquake?!"

"Aaaah!"

"Take cover!"

Mechallión grunts as he gazed around his surroundings, he too felt the power of the earthquake and understood the panic. However, his gazed landed on the man standing on the middle of the arena. His eyes narrowed seeing the ridiculous calmness of the man.

"Look over there! T-the earth! It's-it's moving! It's moving!"

"A s-s-sinkhole?! Is that a sinkhole?!"

The man grinned as if expecting this, raising the mic to his lips, he spoke. "Please all welcome... Boboiboy!"

The crowd's jaw dropped with disbelief. What was this man saying?! There's currently a disaster happening right now!

Suddenly a yell interrupted their thoughts.

"A boy! There's a boy coming out from the sinkhole!"

"Haaaaaah?"

What nonsense is he spouting? How could a boy appear out of a sinkhole? Ridiculous! Mechallión thought to himself as he turned to look at the said sinkhole.

His jaw immediately dropped, he rubbed his eyes which were stunned with disbelief. Meters away from him, a boy standing on a large earth pillar came rising out of the sinkhole.

"Greetings to you folks! Were you all having a wonderful evening?" The boy said with an amused grin.

The boy was answered with silence as the audience gaped at him, their mouths were too wide open that even frogs could enter them.

"Sorry about my entrance, I just felt that I wanted to go a bit extra in this match." The boy continued, snickering softly to himself afterwards. "You folks get it right? Leaving an impression is important."

That-that k-kid! That kid is a monster! They all thought as the boy smiled seemingly innocently at them.

The boy- or rather- Boboiboy looked at his opponent, Mechallión, with a small smirk.

"...Shall we begin the match?"