Short Story #14

An empty void of darkness was all I could see...
But my ears twitched upon hearing voices...

"We can't leave him like this!" I hear one of the voices exclaim...

"What do you propose we do? Tell the boss? Like he would be any help!"

I could hear faint footsteps approaching. The very alerting tapping of feet were getting louder and louder, someone was possibly approaching me? Hm... "Don't worry my precious soldier... you'll be out of that tube one day..." The voice was hoarse and scratchy, it sounded... concerned. My ears twitch at the light tapping on the floor, unlike the footsteps I have heard earlier, these footsteps seemed to be gentle. "Hey Dad! Guess what? I got perfect on my Math Exam again..."  The voice sounded like a girl? I'm guessing there was a girl somewhere there... "Good job Yaya!"

"Thanks Dad! Als- eh? Who is that?" I wonder what she's looking at... is it me? I hear tapping on some glass? Hm... I wish I can see... "He doesn't seem to respond, is he asleep?"

"Yaya, I want you to meet  B.B.B android! Our greatest creation yet!" The voice seemed to exclaim with a sudden cheerful tone. I hear a soft gasp, "Wow!"

"Wow is an understatement! This android is unbelievable! He will change the world!" Wow... that android sure is special! Though... changing the world huh? Seems unrealistic...

"What does it do Dad?" I would also want to know!

"Well..." Well? Quit stalling time won't ya'? "His purpose... he's a weapon... supposedly to be used for taking over other planets..." Wow... that android is literally going to change the world, urk— I mean world's'...

"What?!" What is correct...

"Don't worry, he still doesn't have vision yet! He can't see anything but black!" Just like me... I can't see anything... Is everyone here the same? Does everyone here not have vision? Or perhaps... I'm the android? ............

"Hey dad... I just want to ask... is it already activated?" Such a weird question to ask, but I too want to know. "Yaya... don't refer to him as 'it' okay? But yes... it is already activated... he has probably been listening to our conversation..." I've also been listening to your conversation. "Can he speak?" Well if 'he' could speak, he would've spoken already... "Indeed, but I'm afraid that he's lost in his own thoughts..."

"If he's an android, how come he can get lost in his thoughts?"

I hear a chuckle, "To tell you the truth Yaya, I'm not sure either... when we were doing our experiment... he suddenly gained his own emotions..." Is that even possible? Androids can't gain their own emotions, they need to programmed to have one. "So... this android is basically self-programming on its own?" Um... that is freaky then, I bet a ghost is behind all this! Haha joking, ghosts aren't real! Or are they... I'm getting out of track... "Perhaps..." Ugh... even this man isn't sure.

"Doctor Yah! There has been an incident in section 34! One of the androids is going rogue!" Another android? So this place is full of androids! Then maybe... I'm also an android! "What?! Which one?!" I hear a very quiet swallowing, that person was obviously nervous... "Android A-a43 s-sir..."

"A43?! Yaya you must flee! If A43 gets here, who knows what it'll do..." Wow... android A43 was it? must be really strong then... "I can help!" I could hear the girl protest, a brave individual... "Yaya listen to me! You must leave now! A43 is a merciless android! It was programmed to kill! Leave before it gets here!" So a killer android on the loose... beautiful! I guess I'm not safe either... Eh who cares about living, if you never lived in the first place...

BOOOOOOM!

I could hear the cracking of glass, and metal? footsteps... I guess the android is here... Welp! We're doomed! All doomed! "Target found, prepare to die Doctor Yah!" Oh he was after Dr Yah? Who is that anyway? "Dad run!" Oh the man earlier... the one with a daughter named Yaya... its sad that she gets to witness her father's death... I know nothing of them... yet why do I feel myself go numb? Is this guilt? Or is this... sadness? "Yaya get out of here!" ...

"I don't want to leave you!" Her voice... it was cracking... it was shaky... it was sad...

"Identifying individual... Identification complete! Yaya Yah, an offspring of Dr Yah... must eliminate!" Why would A43 also target the girl? She did nothing! Damn it! I need to do something... but what? I can't even see... I need vision... The darkness, it was suddenly getting bright... "Caution! Caution! B.B.B Android is active! B.B.B Android is active! Danger Level Alpha!"

"What? B.B.B Android?! Now?!"

"Combat Mode 2 Activate..." For the first time... words came out of my mouth... my voice sounded smooth, yet cold... I close my eyes, as I feel a rush of electricity flow in me, this seemed to be an oddly familiar feeling... My eyes open, I expect to see nothing but darkness... but now I could see colors everywhere... there were unshaped orange flowers almost everywhere... My hand reaches out to the glass in front me, with a slight tap, the glass explodes... tiny triangular and imperfect squares flew everywhere. I step out of my glass tube? That's what Dr Yah called it. "Error! Cannot identify the abilities of this individual!" My head turns to the direction of the sound, there I saw a man or rather android with purple hair that stuck out upwards, he was wearing an orange shirt and pants... I glance at the man in front of the android, he had brown hair and was wearing a white coat, typical scientist look... I look around in search of the girl, she was my main priority... Finally I spot her, though she was covered in ashes, her beauty was... breath-taking. Is every girl this beautiful? Probably.

"Unknown individual, scanners cannot load information! No information on the individual! Therefore individual must be eliminated!" A bunch of cackling red bullets head towards me, now... how do I block this? "EQt move 1!" The ground began to rise quickly, creating a barrier. I didn't know I could do that...

"What else can I do?"