Short Story #17

He glared.

His scorching red eyes burning through his friend's skull. A look of annoyance and distaste etched on his features. His face was scrunched up unattractively as he watched their interaction from afar.

"Hold still! Can't you see I'm treating your wounds?!"

"Well it stings! Can't you be a bit gentle- Ow!"

A snort faintly sounded in the room, "I'm not going to treat you like a precious baby like Yaya does."

"She does not- Ow ow ow ow! Ying! You did that on purpose!"

"Did I?"

For the sarcastic response, Ying received a glare from the boy in front of her, his tongue then clicking with dissatisfaction when an innocent smile grew on her lips. "Keep acting all innocent, I'm telling you to Fa-"

She pulled the untied bandages around his arm tightly causing the poor boy to wince, "What were you going to do, Boboiboy?"

"No-nothing!" The pitch of Boboiboy's voice rising higher.

"Oh good. I thought you were going to do something stupid again." Ying said, a thin smile on her lips.

Boboiboy scoffed, "Again? What do you mean 'again'? I don't recall doing anything stupid these days."

She rolled her eyes, "Tell me that when you don't have bandages wrapped around your arms."

A look of offense etched on his face, "That's-"

Slam!

The two jolt up in surprise, both of them instinctively turning towards the door. Confusion laced in their expressions as silence ushered between them. Ying was first to notice that the presence of the grumpy boy was no longer there.

Shaking her head, she said with a scolding tone "Tsk! That spiky-head! Why is he slamming doors so aggressively? Really... he doesn't have any manners."

Boboiboy gazed at the door emptily before sighing, "I'm going to die soon..." He turned to Ying "You're the cause of this. Take responsibility."

"Hah?"

"Tell Yaya I love her and that I died a heroic death."

"...What are you saying all of a sudden?"

On the other side of the door, Fang coldly glared at the floor. He remembered the bubbling anger that suddenly grew in chest while he watched the two interact. He didn't understand why but he just couldn't stand them acting so sweetly in front of him, his heart seemed to ache. It was strange. Really strange. And so he left. But now, leaving the two in the same room, Fang felt even worse. A bitter taste seem to lingered in his mouth. "Tsk." With that, he began to slowly walk away. Each step grew heavier and heavier. A single thought ran in his head.

What was this uneasy feeling?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small gift for waiting.