Chapter 14

Drake

Once Lothaire went back inside and David went back to the castle I started to go to the city but was stopped when I felt someone behind me. I turned round to see it was shadow standing there just staring at me.

"Why are you here," I said as I turned all the way around to face it. "Reaper wishes to see you at the front of the city."

I shook my head and started in that direction he said and once in front of the city I saw there was an abandoned build sitting there. So I went in and waited for Reaper but what does he want with me?

I turned to the far corner and saw a large, black wolf approach me making me chuckle. He seems like he is trying to scare me but a wolf/shadow will not scare me. Hell, I fear nothing but why would I so I said: "If you are trying to scare me Reaper it will not work on me."

No, I suppose it won't but then you don't have to fear death like others in this world.

"True enough being a true immortal but why have you summoned me Reaper. Shouldn't you be protecting Lacee, your mistress."

Yes, but another is with her.

My business with you is more important.

"What business is that," I said. He walked all the way up to me and sat down as he said Telling you where Lacee is.

I kneeled down to his height and said: "You are meant to watch and protect yet you are going to betray her."

I'm doing what's best for her even if she doesn't know it yet.

I stood back up and said "Fair enough but how will you take me to her without her knowing about it."

I will take you with me through the shadows being vampire it will not affect you.

"Not like it did to her."

He put his down and said, "I didn't think it would affect her as it did but she is better thanks to you now are you coming or no."

"Of course I am."

I followed him to shadows as we walked threw and this place is weird but then Lacee is not at full strength at this time. We are here.

I look down at him then out of the shadows and saw Lacee talking to her friend as Lothaire said I have found her Drake.

Yes, as have I Lothaire tell Tyler and the others they may leave and come when I call.

"Yes, master."

I turned my attention to Lacee who said: "I need your help if you don't mind that is."

"Depends what do you need Lacee," he said as he got into his back pocket. "I need supplies but by the look on your face I won't be getting them," she said as I started to step forwards but Reaper said She is fine Drake when he attacks she will be distracted and you can get her to sleep but know if you hurt her I will kill you.

"Don't forget you can't."

He growled but said nothing back as we watch the scene unfold. He grabbed the blade in his pocket and started after her but she manifested one of her blades and stabbed his stomach. He fell on the floor but was starting to get back up so her blade changes into a black katana and she drove it through his heart.

She is already blood thirty good. I creeped out of the shadows walked up behind her and grabbed her to turn her to me. She started to fight me but I looked her straight into her eyes and said: "Go sleep little one."