いち - One

"W-what do you mean?!"

Y/n stared at the male, her (e/c) eyes wide open and her mouth twitching from her attempts to hold back her cries. She couldn't believe what she was being told.

He didn't answered, only crouched to be at her level and put both hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes and smiling soflty.

"Gomen ne, N/n chan... (Sorry, N/n...)" for an instant his smile faded and a sad and regretful look spread through his features. "I won't be able to fulfill my promise to you."

He didn't want to leave her or do what he was going to. But it was the only way she would survive. The only way to keep her safe. And he would do anything to ensure that.

He soon covered his sadness with a closed eye smiled, so she wouldn't see how hard it was being for him.

"D-don't! Don't go!!" Y/n cried letting go a river of tears that soaked her face in minutes. She focused on him, or at least tried, her vision blurred and her body trembling like she was freezing; however, the weather was nice, the sun shined outside and a fresh breeze blew through the window. "You don't have to do this! You don't have to fight him, Kronos!"

"N/n chan, if I simply run away what kind of hero I'd be? That would go against every principle I have." his voice sounded soft, too soft for the moment.

How could he be so calm?

Why was he still smiling?

Why was she the only one crying?!

She couldn't understand.

"To fight evil and save the day is my hero way, remember?" he continued and then got up and did his famous super hero pose: a salute followed by a wide grin and a wink.

When Y/n was a child she used to laugh every time he did that. She thought it was silly but at the same time it made her feel safe, happy. So he often did it to make her smile, specially when she was down. But at that moment, seeing that pose and hearing those words only made her heart ache and brought more tears to her eyes. Because she knew that would be the last time she'd see them.

"So take me with you!" the girl begged hugging his waist tightly as if she was afraid he'd disappear if she let go. "I can fight, Kronos! I can be useful! I can help you!! You saw how much I've improved at U.A Festival! I..!"

"I know you can fight, but I can't take you with me this time N/n chan."

"Kronos, onegai (please)! Onegai!" she insisted desperate.