Chapter 7

Ratliff's P.O.V:

I sighed as I began to tell Vanessa. "I can't." I said. "Why?" she asked. "I can't because I'm not ready for you to find out about that." I said hoping she understands. "Okay then when your ready to tell me, just know that I'll be listening." she said. After that I pulled her into a kiss. I got off the stage and helped her get off also. We walked out of the drama room only to run into Cassidy and Austin. "Oh! There you are Ratliff." they said. "Also, Vanessa are you okay?" Cassidy asked. "Yeah. I'm fine since Ratliff is here." she said and then I blushed. "No! I mean what happened in the cafeteria!" Cassidy said. "What happened in the cafeteria?" I asked confused.

Vanessa's P.O.V:

"She went up to Riker and told him shit. When she told him that she's sure that his sister slept with one of his brothers or even him. Then after that Riker slapped her hard that she fell on the ground." Cassidy said looking a little angry and upset. "Why didn't you tell me?" Ratliff asked a little hurt. "I thought it was better that I didn't tell you that he slapped me since I didn't want anymore problems!" I said. "It's better to tell me so I can know! I want to protect you from them!" he yelled. "Fine then! Protect me by not telling them about how Riker is a jerk because he slapped me!" I yelled back. "Fine!" he yelled and then left through the hallway doors leading outside, and I'm guessing he left school.

----------------------------------------

Month After:

Right now it's been a month ever since what happened between me and Ratliff. I'm guessing your wondering what happened between me and him. We still talk, but we don't act like a couple that much anymore. Also ever since that incident, he has been at least absent 2 times a week. Right now I'm sitting in music class listening to the next assignment. "Okay I have chosen the next assignment. It is song writing with your partner. And I have chosen your partner for you already. Listen for your name and sit next to your partner. If your partner is not here then I will inform them tomorrow. Here are the groups. Stacy and Mark, Brian and Casey, Vanessa and Riker, Rocky and Maia, Ross and Laura, Ellington and Rydel-" that was all I heard Ms.Dalton say since I zoned out. I can't believe I'm partners with Riker. After he slapped me he would stare at me a lot and he wouldn't bully me at my locker in the morning. I was out of my thoughts when the bell rang. I walked out and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around only to face Riker. "Hey, Vanessa. For the song writing are we going to my house or your house tomorrow?" he said. For the first time he actually called me by my first name. "Can we go to your house first?" I asked. "Sure! My house first then!" he said and then left. Wow! That was my first non-yelling, normal and weird conversation with Riker.

-----------------------------------

Is Vatliff/Vanellington over? What will happen during the song writing process? Comment what you think!