Chapter 8

THE NEXT DAY AFTER SCHOOL:

"Hey Vanessa. Are you ready to go to my house?" Riker asked me as I was walking with him to his car. "Um sure. But can we go to my house so I can change. Its so freaking hot and I was dumb to wear pants today." I said. "Let's go then." he said as we got into his car. Soon we were at my house. "Do you want to come in?" I asked as I closed my door and asked him through the window. "Yeah, I'll go with you." he said and got out of his car. As we were walking up the stairs leading to the front door he sighed loudly. "I'm DYING!" he said as he started to pretend to crawl on the steps. "Get up you doof!" I said as I laughed. I grabbed his arm and forced him to stand up. We made it to the door and I opened the door. "Want some water?" I asked him. "Yes, please!" he said. I went to the refrigerator and took out bottled water. "Here you go." I said handing it to him. "I'll be back." I said heading up the stairs and I went to my room. In about 10 minutes I came down wearing a beach tank top, regular denim shorts, and my black and white converse. "Lets go Riker." I said as he followed me out the door. He sighed loud again. "I don't want to go down the stairs again!" he said whining. "You can roll down the stairs." I suggested. "Now that I think of it, walking is good." he said. I cracked up after he said that.

---------------------------------------------

AT THE LYNCH HOUSE:

"Ready to go in?" he asked in a goofy accent. "Yes, sir." I said in British accent. We got out and walked to the front door. He opened the door only to be tackled to the ground. "Rikey! Your finally home." Rydel said. "Delly, can you please get off of me. I think you broke some of my bones." Riker said. Rydel got off of him and she ran inside giggling. He stood up and walked in and I followed him to his room. "Hey! Riker! Ross is cheating in halo again!" Rocky said. "No I didn't!" Ross said giggling and Riker pretty soon started giggling and then I did. The room was full of giggles from us. "Guys get out. Me and Vanessa need to work on a song together." Riker said. Pretty soon Rocky and Ross got out and started screaming Rinessa. They left me and Riker alone. "So what kind of song do you want to write?" I asked him. "Um, can we talk for a few minutes instead?" he asked shyly. "What about?" I asked him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I bullied you ever since the start of high school! Also I'm sorry that I slapped you! Sorry for ruining your relationship with Ratliff! Sorry-" Riker said before I cut him off. "Riker stop! I'll be back. I'm going to get you a glass of water." I said leaving his room. As I walked down the hallway, I saw a sight that broke my heart into pieces. Ratliff and Rydel kissing. I burst into tears and just went back into Riker's room.

---------------------------------------------

Awww! Poor Vanessa! Ratliff and Rydel were kissing in front of her! Comment what you think about the chapter! @R5_Dustie_Ross I posted this chapter since it looked like you wanted to see what happens next! Thanks for reading the book this far!