The Lie I Don't Want to Tell

When we got to her office she pointed to the air mattress in the corner. "I sometimes spend the night here so I leave that in here." She paused. "Do you know of any family that you could live with?" I look down, "I, I um, I don't" She nodded and patted my back. "We can get that all figured out after you get back from school tomorrow." 

I nod and lay down on the bed, knowing that I will not be able to sleep tonight. The lady leaves and closes the door.

I tap my ear, "Ned..." I wait for a couple of minutes then raise my voice a little more. "Ned..." I wait for a response. "Peter? It's like 3 in the morning." I sigh in relief. "Ned I don't think I'll be at school any time soon." 

That must have woken up because all sense of sleepiness was gone from his voice. "WHAT! Why? What happened? Are you okay?" I cut him off from any more questions. "I can't tell you must because it's top secret, but..." I trailed off trying to think of something. "Are you going on a top secret mission!?" I nod then realize he can't see me. "Yeah, you can't tell anyone. Not even Mr. Stark."

"Wait I thought he was the one who gave you the mission?" I could hear the confusion. "No, Mr. Stark doesn't know. His boss gave me this and told me not to tell him." "Can we trust this guy?" I smile. "Yep totally trustworthy, Mr. Stark introduced us." I felt pretty proud of the lie I had made up on the spot. 

"Okay, I got your back. I will catch you up when you get back to school." The feeling of proudness disappeared when I realized that I wouldn't be back. "Ned you don't have to do that," I say guilty. "Peter I am the guy in the chair of course I do! Well, I will see you after the mission I guess. I'll take notes!" Ned... "Ned you don't have to take notes, the um boss guy said that he will get me out of it all." Silently cursing my stumble for words. "Okay, Peter! Promise you to tell me all about the mission when you get back!" I feel tears rolling down my face. "O-okay Ned. Night."

When I don't get a response I sit up and look around. There were two windows, a desk, filing cabinet, and one camera. Getting up I walk under the camera hiding my face, even though it was pointless. I thank God that it's an older version that I know how to work. I shut off the camera and put on the suit. Opening the window I slowly get out and climb up the wall. Reaching the top I let out a breath. I look around thankful for my work as spiderman. Because of it, I know the safe places and the layout of the entire city. Shooting out a web I swing off into the night, well early morning.

When I reach a good rooftop, I stop and sit down. The whole night catching up to me. I met a man who shot himself in the head and told him my name. Then I find out that somehow the Vulture got out of prison and killed- then it really hit me. May I take off the mask and let out a sob. She was all I had left and now she's gone. Because of me... everyone dies because of me. Maybe I should give up? I shake my head, NO I may not have a family but I still have Ned, MJ, and Mr. Stark. I just hope that I can see them again, but I won't be at school. I told Ned I would be gone on a mission, but Mr. Stark won't believe something like that.

Plus I will need some way to get food. Maybe I didn't think this through, no I definitely didn't think this through. I wish May could tell me what to do. I wish May didn't die, I wish Ben didn't die. I wish I never became Spider-man, but that isn't true. I curl up into a ball and just cry. No more thoughts, because they just make it worse. So I just cried until I didn't have any energy left then I fell into a broken sleep.

That morning I woke up and realized that no I wasn't in the comfortable bed in the apartment but a rooftop.I grab my backpack and pull out the change of clothes I had grabbed. Dropping down into the alley I pull my hood up and put on a pair of cracking sunglasses. With my backpack on I duck my head and head into the crowded street.

I walk over to my apartment and look around. They still had the caution tape up and a few policemen out front. I go over to the back and climb up the wall.

When I look into my room I can't see anyone. So carefully opening the window I creep into the room. Shutting my door quietly I pick up one of my bags. Grabbing and the clothes I could fit, and that didn't scream I'm Peter Parker. Then putting the bag by the window, I grab a plastic bag and slowly open my door. Looking around I call it safe so I head into the kitchen and my heart breaks when I see the food she was trying to make before, you know. I was my favorite Aunt May's Cherry Pie and she made mashed potatoes with chicken.

I feel my eyes watering and I look away. Why was she making that? She only made it on special events... I start looking around for any sign of a special event. It took me a couple minutes but I found it, it was a letter asking me to go to their college. They said that I was too smart for the school I was in and asked me to skip the rest of high school. I looked at the college. It was a college in Massachusetts and when I looked at the name I flipped. Havard! Harvard University wants me!?! I look at the bottom and notice that May had already signed but probably waited for me to know.

I look and notice that they said I had a free ride all through college if I started in one week. Looking down I grab the letter and some food the rush out of the apartment.

Once away from the apartment I check how much money I had and noticed that it wasn't enough to get me there. I sighed and put it away. While looking down I crash into someone causing my hoode to fall down and already broken glasses to fall off my face and smash into the ground shattering on impact. I look up to see a hooded figure.

Hi, fellow Spidey fans! Thank you for ready yet another chapter written by yours truly. I just wanna let you know that I have no clue where this is going but I do have one thing planned out. I hope you enjoy

~Meowt