Ice Cream and Cops

"Baby Boy?" the man asked. I tilted my head, "Who are you." But before he answered it already clicked. "Oh, right the Red guy right?" He nodded. "So why is a boy like you not in school? Huh, cause you sure do look young." I scratch the back of my neck. "Well your right I should be in school but a college is asking me to skip the rest of it and transfer there." He laughs. "Well, how old are you anyway?" I shake my head. "I won't answer any of your questions until you tell me who you are." He sticks out a hand. "The names Wade, Wilson." His name reminds me of something. "Wait you're the man that left school and everyone thought was dead because of your cancer, Right?" He looks down. "Oh my God Sorry! That was so rude of me. Sorry!" He chuckles but I could see that it was laced with sadness.

"Okay enough about me, even though it's my favorite topic, how old are you. I mean you look young but you just said a college wants you. What college if you mind me asking." I rub my neck. "Of course I don't mind it's not like we met yesterday or anything. Harvard, and I'll turn 16 in a couple of months." He looks shocked but it was kind of hard to tell because of the hood and I am guessing mask as well. "Wow, you must be one smart pancake. It does make sense! Oh shut up we don't want to scare him away!" I look around to see no one in the crowded streets talk to Wade. "Well, I don't think I can go..." He looks at me. "What. Why not? Aren't you a nerd and aren't nerds supposed to love school?" I laugh, "No one likes school, but learning isn't so bad." He looks around, "What's stopping you then?" I laugh nervously. "It doesn't matter we will probably never each other again anyway."

"What! No no no! I like you how can you just go!" He yells dramatically. "Shush Wade people are staring!" I whisper yell. "Oh Petey-Pie please I love you, I can't believe you'd do such a thing." He falls on his knees. "Don't you think that was a little overkill?" He laughs and stands up. "You're a good kid, Petey don't throw away this opportunity." I smile. "With Great Power comes GREAT Responsibility!" He yells and runs off. What is wrong with that man? And why oh why do I feel comfortable around him?

Ding Dong

I wait at the door looking at my watch. According to it, my school got out 5 minutes ago so it wouldn't be too unbelievable if I was here right now. The door opens to reveal a beautiful redhead. "Um hi..." She looks a little confused. "I'm Peter P-" her eyes lit up. "Your Peter, come in, come in! I'm Pepper Potts Tony's fiancé." I rub the back of my neck as she pulls me into the house cough mansion cough. "What's up? Tony is in a meeting but he should be out in about 30 minutes. You can stay if you want." I look around a little nervous. "Yeah, sure I am not doing anything tonight." She smiles.

"You hungry, when I was in school I would always go home starving." My stomach growls at the thought of food. She laughs and that causes me to tear up. When her back is to me I wipe at the tears. She reminds me of May, so so much. When she looks at me I look at the ground avoiding her gaze. "Sorry I didn't mean to be rude. Sorry If I embarrassed you." I snap my head up. "No, Ms. Potts it's not that. You have no reason to be sorry. You just remind me of Ma- My Mom. She died a long time ago and just how to talk and move it just reminds me." I looked at me. "I heard of that I am so sorry. I want you to know that you are always welcome here." My eyes tear up at the realization that I might never be back here.

"I-" at that moment Mr. Stark walked through the door. "That was sooooo boring!" He looked over and saw Peter still hugging me. "Hi, Mr. Stark." Tony looked surprised, no beyond surprised. "Hey, Pete what are you doing here?" Pepper let's go of me to continue to cook. "I came to ask for a favor." He looked at me to continue. "Well... IwasaskedtoskiptherestofhighschoolandgotoharvardbutIcan'tbeheretobespidermansoIwashopingyoucouldlookoverthecityplusImightknowofsomeone-" Tony stops me. "Hey slow down. What did you need?" I take a deep breath.

"I was asked to skip the rest of high school and go to Harvard in one week, but then I wouldn't be able to be Spider-Man. I worked really hard lowering the amount of crime and I was hoping that you could maybe keep a lookout for me? I have another guy who might be able to help with that but I-" Pepper squeals. "Peter that is so cool! Of course, we can do that! What do you think Tony." Mr. Stark stands there taking it in. "And May is okay with this." I take a deep breath at the mention of her. "Yeah is would want this. And she already signed. Mr. Stark this isn't our last meeting, I still have a week before they want me there." He nods and looks at Pepper, "How about we and you go and get some ice cream." Tony says this when Pepper smiles.

Tony and I get in the car and he speeds through the city. We pass my street and I am thankful Tony didn't see the police parked in front of my apartment. "So you said you might know someone to help protect the streets?" He starts. I nod, "I don't know him as Spidey but he's got good in him I can tell. He just needs a kick start and I'm hoping that Spidey can give it to him." I smile and Tony looks over at me. "Pete you know when I mentioned college, I didn't mean that you had to go right away. Aren't you going to miss Ned and Michelle?" I look down, "Please look after them for me. I-I don't want anything to happen to them. I would never forgive myself."

I tear up thinking about Aunt May' mangled body. "Hey kid, of course, I will!" Tony assures me and I we stop in front of the ice cream shop. But my appetite had disappeared at the images in my mind. We enter and both order some ice cream. I see a screen in the shop playing what happened at the house then how I disappeared from the woman's office magically. Thankfully they didn't put the room number or any names so far. I see my face flash onto the screen and I put my hoodie up steering Mr. Stark out of the shop. He laughs but doesn't say anything at my weird actions.

Hey! Congrats you finished the chapter, I know it was painful to get through. But Thank You! And please comment and I will read them.

~Meowt