Lonely Late Nights Minus the Lonely

After eating I soon became to realize that he didn't remember me from before. "So um Wade I was wondering if-" I stopped when he froze. "What?" He looked at me and I gave a smile. "How did you know my name?" I looked at him, "Well for my fourth question I had asked your name..." His face lit up with remembrance, and he looked me over. "You're looking good," I laugh and he smiles. "Where have you been! Last time I saw you were a few years ago!" I laugh, "Well you know college..." he laughs, "Aren't you a little young to be in college." I stick out my tongue, "Well actually I'm done with college so ha." He looks me up and down, "well how was it?" I shrug, "kinda just studied the whole time." Wade groans, "Baby Boy no parties?" I flush, "Don't call me that!" He laughs, "fine Petey-pie."

I look over at a clock is it really 4 in the morning!" Wade looks over and nods. "I guess so..." I get up off the couch, "Well it was nice to catch up Wade! But I need to sleep before my shift so see ya later." I go toward the door but Wade stops me. He pulls me into a hug, "I was worried when I never saw you again." His voice was low and I smiled at him. "Oh, and why's that?" I joke but he doesn't answer, he just lets me go." I open the door, "Bye Wade!"

At five I roll out of bed, after getting a short nap in and get ready for work. The night before making me realize that whoever was dressed up as Deadpool wasn't Wade. And whoever it was somehow known that he would bother me. I could help thinking about it instead of getting much sleep. Someone must have it out for me...

When I get there I put my apron on and help make some pastries. "You're at the register again." I nod and flip the sign going to the register. I keep a smile on my face the whole time but Gwen stood next to me as well. Every second that the customers weren't talking she was. Making jabs at me and telling me about talking to Wade. "You're going to get him killed!" I would ignore it not replying just listening.

"Peter, can you work my shift today?" I sigh through the phone, "Yeah, of course, see you tomorrow Sage!" I  hear her laugh, "You are a lifesaver! Bye!" I put my phone back in my pocket and put my apron back on. "Hey, so what does Sage do?" The manager Carol rolls her eyes, "she can't make it again. I'm sorry that you got caught up in this Peter." I hold up my hand, "it's no problem I had no plans today. Plus we're pretty close anyway, so I don't mind helping her out." Carol sighs, "Even if you had no plans, you still look ready to pass out." I laugh, "wow, thanks, Carol. I'm fine really, now what does she do?" She smiles, "she waits tables. I know you've never done this but can you?" I salute her and head out with a notepad. "Hi I'm Peter, and I'll be your waiter today!" The family chuckled, "hi can we get one captain cocoa and two American brews to start off." I nod, "I'll be right back with it." I give the order to Mari and head back taking orders as I go.

I grab their food and head back to see the little girl laughing. The parents look happy so I quietly give them their drinks. The man notices me and smiles. "Peter was it?" I nod and give off a smile. "It my daughter Gwen's birthday got any deals with the deserts?" I nod and I feel my Gwen's presence disappear. I bend down to her level, "Wow, your names Gwen! My old best friend was named Gwen too! Now, what is your favorite treat?" She giggles, "I like strawberry shortcake!" I laugh and get up, "Anything else?" The parents shake their heads.

"Do you have birthday deals?" Carol shakes her head. "I need one strawberry shortcake please." I give her my card and she looks at me, "You want cake?" I shake my head and point at the family, "Put their meal on here." Her eyes widened and she slowly nods taking it. I get the cake and head back, "Happy Birthday Gwen!" I put the cake in front of her, and start to leave the table. "Peter, could we have the bill?" I shake my head, "The meal is on the house." My manager came out when she heard that, "Actually Peter paid for it himself we don't even have birthday specials." The parent looked at me and thanked me. "Hey, it's no big deal! Just doing a good deed a day helps!" With that, I left to go serve a different table.

When I got home it was 8 and I had 4 missed calls from Tony. "Hey, Mr. Stark! What's up?" He laughed at my happy tone, "I was wondering if you'd like to have supper with us a while ago but I couldn't reach you..." I laughed, "Well I told you I've been busy." I walked around so I didn't fall asleep on the phone. "Would you mind coming over in an hour to help me on this new idea for my suit?" I checked the time, "Is it really important?" I heard a sigh, "It's for this next mission we have, but Peter if you don't wanna do it-" I cut him off, "I'll be there in about an hour."

Grabbing the keys to the apartment I leave the room, then knock on Wade's. I hear the TV pause and shuffling, "Peter?" He asks when he opens the door. "Hey, I was wondering if you've ever used makeup?" He raises a masked eyebrow but shakes his head. "Damn I was hoping, anyways gotta make a call bye!" I run out the building dialing Sage's number.

When she picked up she was laughing, "Hey Peter what's up?" I look around, "I was wondering if I could get some help? Where are you right now?" She laughs, "Well if you don't mind being around a few girls I'm at the building next to the police station by the coffee shop. What do you need?" I sigh and start off toward the place, "I'm talking with some very important people and they will care about my appearance. So I was hoping you could help me look like I've slept lately?" I hear a squeal, "YOU WANT A MAKEOVER!" I blush, "I- I guess so... Do you- do you think you can help me?" I hear many yeses, "OH EM GEE! I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO YOUR MAKEUP! I mean you have a perfect face for it! You're so handsome! Can I pick out your outfit too?" I laugh, "Sure Sage, as long as you can make it seem like I've slept."

Wow, a can't believe how many views I've gotten! I just looked and I wanted to THANK YOU for giving this book a try. Now I hope you enjoyed this new chapter, and I would like to get the next chapter out tomorrow but I also have school and work so that might not happen. THANKS for reading Lonely Late Nights Minus the Lonely!

~Meowt!