The Ghosts are Right

I lay on the bed and pull out my web shooters, I put them on the invisible setting. I strap them on my wrists and quietly open the window in Nat's room. I climb out and put my hood up, then quietly make my way down the Tower. I pass the Avengers floor and see all of them laughing and having a good time. "Didn't look like that when you were there." Gwen laughed as she walked closer to me.

"They looked burdened and uncomfortable!" She continued to talk and even though I could still hear her voice I wasn't paying attention. I was watching Tony talk and goof off with others. He looked happier than he has ever been with me. The feeling of being a burden multiplied and I let go of the tower.

I simply just went into a free fall wondering if I will catch myself. At last second I catch myself with webs, then slowly look around as if someone saved me not wanting the few people to know my identity. I smile, "Thanks," is all I say and I walk toward the graveyard. My brain wonders why I just didn't put the suit on but my heart just ignores it. I wanted to be Peter Parker if I died not a fallen hero. I get to the entrance of the graveyard and take a deep breath. "Finally time to catch up with May."

I sit down in front of May, Ben, Mom, and Dad. I let the tears fall and just look at the stones. "I'm sorry," I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Gwen. She sits next to me and puts her head on my shoulder. "So this is your family?" I nod and try to keep the surprise off my features. This is the only time she's been nice to me, I mean after she pa-ssed... away. "Hi, I'm Gwen Peter's old girlfriend. I'm another person he couldn't save. But there is a longer list than even Peter thinks. I don't think anyone even cares that he's still alive." She laughed, "But even Death doesn't want him!" She laughed once again and I felt as if others were laughing with her.

"Peter why couldn't you have been normal! Now no one loves you! You wanna know why Tony asked me to watch you? It's because he didn't want you to do anything stupid! He would have a weight off his chest if you just die!" Gwen had stood up and got right into my face. "Just die, Parker, everyone one would be better off!" I choke on a sob when I see Harry and May nod along with Gwen.

"Peter, if I didn't take you in no one would've. I dear Lord do I wish I could take it all back. Most days I would wish that you died on the plane instead of your parents. They would tell you about the same same thing, but they don't want to talk to this embarrassment!" I put my head in my hands trying to block out May's true words. Gwen laughed, "I would've asked May to tell you what she thought a while ago if I knew your evil spirit would be affected by it." May and Harry laughed with her. "Parker because of you I'm dead and I felt angry. But now I realized that I'm not the only one! You are a MURDERER!" Harry's eyes were the same before the 'Green Goblin' and I realized that even before the Green Goblin he hated me. But I don't blame him most days I can't even live with myself. "That's it, self-loathe," they say in harmony. "Please stop," I whisper my breath getting quicker. "Just DIE!" They yelled back.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Peter?" I look over to see Ned smiling down at me. "Hey Ned," His smile turns to a frown. "Even with our communicators, you couldn't save me!" I flinch from his harsh words. The man you always was happy and put a smile to my face yelled for one of the first times ever. I crawl back but they continued to get closer and closer. I touch a stone and whip around to see a name of a person who I just saw.

"Here lays Tony Stark, killed by sacrificing his life to save a nobody." Gwen read out loud, laughing at the end of it. That's what will happen if you stay by him. If you stay by people! Go run and never come back! Deadpool is better at saving people than you ever will!" I shake my head but the words stay where they are. Gwen snapped her fingers and I see Michelle Jones on the tombstone. All it says is her name, her name and the years. "Even if Tony manages to live you will always have us."

I shake my head and they all disappear except one, Michelle. "Hey, loser! I heard you tried to replace me with another MJ?" Her glare is cold but to honest, it wasn't too different from her normal look. "You'll be the death of many more to come. Unless you let death take you instead of others. Remember that!" With that, she faded away and I got up wanting to leave the cemetery as fast as possible.

When I get up to leave the graveyard my Spidey-sense blares and I jump out of the way of a bullet. I look around and I hear the laughter of an old enemy. "I warned you, Pedro!" I feel a wave of emotion slam into me and I shoot a web. And for a moment I think about just letting him kill me. Letting him have his revenge, it's not like anyone would miss me. The web misses Toomes, "Have you lost your touch along with everyone else!" He laughs, "Excuse me, but Peter hasn't lost everything." I whip around to see Deadpool he smiles. 

Hey! Another chapter is done! If anyone has any ideas please comment on this chapter so I can make this book better for you! I would love to improve on anything and everything. Thanks for reading!

~Meowt