Chapter Eleven: My Destiny

CHAPTER 11

"Gather around everyone," Tigerstar yowled with a wide smile across his face.

"What's this meeting about again?" Ottersplash asked with a low voice. "I have to be on the dawn patrol in the morning."

Silverhawk snarled, "You'll go on whatever patrol we tell you to be on!" He slashed his claws across her muzzle.

Hollyflower looked terrified, her eyes glued on Ottersplash. "Are the representatives going to be all warriors?" She pushed herself closer to me, our pelts brushing gently.

"That's up to Russettail and Adderfang. They are true Dark Forest warriors and they will check out your skills to see if you're ready," Darkstripe mewed in a low voice.

"I'll be with Hollyflower," I said quickly and then pushed her away from the group and towards the green mucky water.

"Thanks Russettail," she muttered and looked over at me.

"You're assignment is to..." I thought quickly and looked at our surroundings. Trees, bushes, water. "Is to jump down from that tree in to that bush and then you must get in the water and show me a battle move. But it must be done perfectly."

She nodded and then climbed up the tree to the fourth branch and the looked at me for an okay to start.

"Begin!" I shouted and sat back to watch.

Hollyflower ran and jumped off the tree branch and landed in the nearest bush, then she lunged into the water from the bush with incredible speed and went underwater.

I looked in the water for her but it was too murky to see anything.

She jumped up out of the water and landed on my back with a grunt, managing to make me fall down.

"Very good!" I purred and smiled. "Now get off me."

Quickly she got off, shaking out her wet fur. "I won't have to take a beating from Ottersplash anymore," Hollyflower purred and walked off towards the meeting place and I followed close behind.

Tigerstar, Silverhawk, Antpelt, and Mapleshade were sitting there waiting for us quietly and Ottersplash and Adderfang entered after us.

"You all did very well," Antpelt commented with a grin. "But now I must give you an assignment." He paused, looking around at all of us.

Ottersplash's eyes narrowed. "Spit it out all ready!" she snapped.

"Find your own apprentices and you can be a warrior, you have until the Clans next Gathering," Silverhawk commanded quickly.

Hollyflower dipped her head. "It will be done." And she disappeared, Ottersplash following after.

"You two," Tigerstar said, "are doing just fine with apprentices and I'm promoting you both to deputies."

"Wait, what?" Adderfang asked. "I thought you said there were no deputies, medicine cats, or leaders here."

"I can change my ways!" Tigerstar snapped. "We are now a Clan. I am the leader and you two are my deputies."

"This is how it works: You two are Tigerstar's deputies and you will stand under the Dark Rock during the meetings. We are all warriors and some are apprentices. Dead cats are warriors, alive cats are apprentices. There are no elders nor queens nor medicine cats," Mapleshade explained with an evil smile.

"I like it," Adderfang purred with a grim look on his face.

My tail flicked and I swallowed. "I'm ready to leave now..." I closed my eyes.