Right and Wrong

Prompt: Over the past few weeks, Tim seems to be felling down. He's constantly criticizing himself over little things and it's really starting to get to him. You're worried about him, so you decide to cheer him up...

It all started on a failed mission to capture the Joker and put him back in Arkham. One of Tim's smoke bombs had gone off after he pushed the button on his belt when he went to grab it, allowing the Joker to escape without being seen...

"What were you thinking!? How could you let him escape that easily? Do you have any idea what this might have costed us!!?" Bruce boomed at his partner. "I'm sorry, alright!! I know I set off a smoke bomb, but we'll catch him next time, I swear!" Tim promised.

"There won't be a 'next time.' Until he's back in a straightjacket, you're staying here. That's final." Bruce stated before getting back into the Bat-mobile and driving off at top speed. Tim combed his fingers through his raven locks with an angry expression on his face. "One mistake and I'm automatically banned from being Robin!? Who the hell does he think he is!!?" He shouted before punching one of the walls in frustration, leaving behind a small crack.

"Master Tim, I wouldn't advise that you punch the wall in such a manner, you might damage something important." Alfred instructed as he walked into the bat cave, medical supplies in hand. "Tch... I'm not in the mood Alfred..." Tim sneered before walking out of the cave and to his room.

The next few weeks were full of more failed missions, yelling, screaming, and pretty much everything else imaginable. But the one thing that worried you the most was how Tim would look so... broken.... it was as if he had stopped trying to do pretty much everything. And every time you saw him, he had red eyes, his hair was messed up, and the sad look on his face never seemed to leave him as he went about his day.

It worried you even more when you would hear him making comments about himself every time he made a small mistake. Most of them were quietly spoken to himself, but they were audible enough for you to hear each and every one.

"Idiot..."
"What's wrong with me..."
"Why can't I do anything right?"

But what worried you the most was when he cut off all forms of communication with you. He didn't answer your calls or texts for about 2 weeks. That was when you panicked and rushed over to his house.

When the taxi pulled up to the front door, you practically threw the money at the driver, telling him to keep the change and pounded on the door. Not even a minute later, Alfred finally opened it, a look of relief plastered on his face when he saw you.

"Miss (Y/N), if I had not known better, I would have thought you were an intruder. What are you doing pounding on the door like that?" Alfred questioned after letting you inside. "A-Alfred I'm worried, like, r-really worried about Tim. He's looked so depressed lately and h-he stopped calling, so I got worried. Can I see him!?" You rambled (and stuttered) before turning around to face the butler, sweat running down your stressed expression.

"Very well. It might get that sad look off his face. He's in his room, do try to cheer him up Miss (Y/N)." Alfred asked before you nodded and headed towards Tim's room.

The journey to Tim's room couldn't have been any longer, every second that passed by felt like minutes as you speed-walked to his room. When you finally reached the door, you paused for a minute to catch your breath and compose yourself before knocking. "Um... Tim, you in there...?" No response came from the other side of the door. "Look, I'm worried about you. You've looked really depressed for a while now, and when you stopped calling I got really worried. Do you want to talk about it...?" You questioned.

You waited there for a good 5 minutes before contemplating on whether or not to stay or go. However, when you started to walk away, the door opened, revealing a previously crying Tim. His eyes were an even darker shade of red from before, his cheeks were wet with tears, and he had purple bags under his eyes, indicating that he probably didn't get much sleep, if any, last night.

"Tim...." you said softly as you stroked his cheek, wiping away some of the tears. "Come on.... I know something's been bothering you lately and I really think we should talk about it." He said nothing as he stepped aside and let you into his room, shutting the door behind him when you walked in.

You sat on the edge of his bed and motioned for him to come over to where you were. He followed your instructions and sat next to you on the soft mattress, wiping away the leftover tears with the back of his hand and sniffling a bit before you spoke.

"What's been going on with you lately? I've never seen you so down before... I-I've been stressing for a week about you!" You didn't mean to lecture him, but you really wanted to tell him how you felt about this. "You know if you feel sad, you can talk to me, right? You can tell me anything. I promise I won't judge if it's something embarrassing." You chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a bit. After a solid minute of silence, he finally turned to you and spoke:

"I can't do anything right..." his voice was barley above a whisper and it was raspy from the crying he had done before, but you heard every word of his sentence. "Don't say that. You do lots of stuff, in a really cool manner if I might add." You proclaimed. Tim sighed, not believing you. "I mean everything I do, I-I do it wrong. I can't catch villains, I can't please Bruce no matter how hard I try... I can't be the Robin or the 'Tim Drake' that everyone wants me to be... I'm just so...worthless. And I honestly don't even know what you see in me. I'm just the screw-up in my family and I don't deserve you...." He said, his voice cracking a bit at those last few words.

Your eyes widened a bit at that last sentence. You knew he was depressed, but not to this extent. 'Man, he's really worked up this time' you thought. You sighed, 'But I need to cheer him up.' "Timothy Jackson Drake, look at me." You commanded, at your words he instantly raised his head to look at you. "You are not what you claim to be at all. You're doing an incredible job as Robin, and I'm positive Bruce is very much proud of you, and I like being with you... these past few months have been amazing, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else." You finished, smiling at him.

Tim's eyes widened for a moment in shock before he snapped out of it. "You really think that I'm doing a good job?" He asked. "But I'm-

"Look, without you and that brain of yours, everyone in the family and on the Justice League would have been screwed over a long time ago. It's because of you that everyone's gotten better at keeping the world safe for everyone living on its surface. If you were such a screw-up, you wouldn't be Robin, you wouldn't be fighting crime, and the world would probably be going through an apocalypse right now." You paused to take a breath while Tim waited for what you were about to say.

"What I'm trying to say is, is that you are one of the best things to happen to your family and friends... and to me."

Tears welled up in Tim's eyes before he hugged you and cried into your shoulder. You hugged him back and stroked his hair while he composed himself enough to speak.

"This is why I don't deserve you...you're way too understanding and kind to me, especially when I'm being an ass..." He said, his voice still raspy and holding you tighter than before. "I'll always be here for you. Even when you are being an ass to everyone." You promised. Tim rested his forehead on yours, a content smile on his face as he moved some hair out of your face.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." You said before he closed the gap and kissed you. You immediately kissed back, smiling into the kiss before he pulled away and gave you another hug.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________