Mermaid

Mermaid (Prompt): A bracelet your mother gave you has the power to turn you into a mermaid. This is, of course, your biggest secret, even from your boyfriend whom you've known for years. However, you never told him where you got the bracelet from before, it's unique design cannot be pinpointed by the teenage genius. "Where did you get that bracelet?"

**Reader is female**

You and Tim were currently cuddling under the porch of the bungalow that you (and the rest of the Bat-fam) were staying in for a mini-vacation. Gotham's criminals had really been stressing everyone out, so Bruce decided that everyone needed to relax for a little while. What better way to relax than to retreat to your own private bungalow on the beach, am I right?

It was peaceful where you two were. The comforting silence that surrounded the both of you was making you the most relaxed you've been all week. It's crazy to think that everyone was the exact opposite of what they were just a week before. But even on vacations, the boys were up to their usual antics...

Damian and Jason argued about the necessity of this "spur-of-the-moment" vacation for the entire drive while Dick and Bruce tried to calm them down. Making you and Tim extremely annoyed that anyone was even complaining about the vacation they so desperately needed.

Luckily for you two, you found a spot where no-one would bother nor annoy you about anything. In fact, this is where you spent half the vacation. Just you and him cuddling, kissing, hugging, and just getting away from it all when the others were just too much to handle.

Your head was lying on Tim's side with his arm wrapped around your waist, the both of you lay there in blissful silence until he started stroking your hair. You looked up at him, he had a smile on his face as his hand combed through your (H/C) locks before cupping your cheek. You got the message and hoisted yourself up with your elbow to sit up and kiss him. It was quick, but sweet.

"This is the best vacation ever..." you commented. "No criminals to worry about, no pulling all-nighters trying to crack a case-" "And no stress." He added. "Just you and me hanging out without a care in the world..." He continued before looking out into the distance.

Tim's attention seemed to drift off to the ocean for a minute. The water itself looked cool and refreshing compared to the slight heat and humidity that was under the bungalow. Yes, he liked being there with you, however, he kinda wanted to go swimming...

Maybe he could convince you to do the same...

"Hey, (Y/N)...?"

"Hmm....?"

"You wanna.. you wanna go to the beach...maybe swim a little...?"

You froze. Swimming was the last thing you wanted to do, especially considering the fact that the minute you made contact with the water, you would become a mermaid. You quickly glanced down at the bracelet your mother had given you, momentarily cursing it for restricting your time in the water. Yes you loved to swim, but you weren't quite ready to tell anyone your secret just yet.

Maybe that bracelet could be your way out of this...

"I would, but I really don't wanna lose my bracelet. I would be really sad if I lost it." You responded, guilt wavering in your mind.

"Then take it off. It'll be safe here. There's no-one around for miles." He retorted. "Besides it's kinda hot, and I wanna cool off a little. Don't you?" He asked, hope laced in his voice.

You sighed. You really hated having to say no to him, but you just weren't ready yet. "I don't like leaving it where I can't see it..." You lied while looking at the bracelet on your wrist.