Video Chat

Video Chat (Prompt): The Coronavirus, or COVID-19 is spreading throughout the world and has become a worldwide pandemic. You and Tim along with everyone else are put on a stay at home order until the virus is no longer a threat to public health/safety.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat on your couch at home, watching the news and listening to the reporter on screen talk about the current pandemic. Life for you, as well as many others had changed quite fast in the span of a few weeks. You listened intently, not taking your eyes off of the screen.

"Reportedly, there are over 1 million cases as well as tens of thousands of deaths worldwide. Social distancing as well as stay-at-home orders are being implemented and enforced throughout the country as well as right here in Gotham city. Fines will also be handed out to those who are going outside for unnecessary reasons."

It was sad hearing about all the horrible things going on lately. There was also the fact that because of the stay at home orders as well as social distancing, you couldn't see any of your friends in person, especially Tim.

You knew better than to go outside and risk getting sick, but it saddened you how you couldn't see your friends. However, that didn't mean you couldn't call him over video chat.

Ahhhh, the joys of technology...

You quickly dialed Tim's number, eager to talk to someone besides your parents at the moment so that you didn't go completely insane. The phone rang, and after a few rings, Tim picked up, his face lighting up as it appeared on your phone's screen.

"(Y/N)!" Tim exclaimed happily.

"Tim! Oh my God, thank goodness! One more day of talking to only my parents and I was gonna lose it!"

"Same here. My brothers aren't exactly too fond of being in the same room without starting a fight with each-other. I think Jason and Damian are especially taking it hard. They hate being holed up inside the house."

"You mean mansion." You asked, a smirk on your face. "You legit have a movie theater in your house! Why couldn't I have been trapped at your place." You fake-cried.

Tim chuckled a bit before responding. "Even so, there are only so many movies you can binge watch before you get bored of it..."

"Yeah, I guess that's true..." You trailed off, while looking at all of the shows on Netflix that you had already watched and didn't wanna watch for the 3rd time this week.

"Hey, (Y/N), have you heard the news?" Tim asked.

"What?" You asked.

"About this stay-at-home order. I think the mayor's thinking about extending it for another few weeks."

"Damn it!" You groaned. "It's probably for the best though." You sadly admitted.

"I hate to admit it, but it is. I would never forgive myself if I got someone sick." Tim said.

"Yeah, this is really bad." You said sadly.

"It's so surreal how quickly this spread..." Tim added.

"I know, everybody's freaking out over this!" You exclaimed.

"I kinda don't blame them though, there's no vaccine for this yet and no-one knows how long this whole quarantine thing is gonna last."

"They can at least save some toilet paper for the rest of us..." You mumbled annoyed. You couldn't really wrap your head around how people needed so much toilet paper.

Tim chuckled at this, finding it a bit amusing how stupid people could be. "I know! What the hell are you gonna do, s*it for 2 weeks!?"

You both laughed at this, finding the childish (and kinda dark) joke a little funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everybody! I am back, this time with something a little different.

A lot has been going on because of this virus lately and I wanted to write something that expressed the importance of social distancing as well as following  stay-at-home orders if that have been implemented in your state/country.

It's very important to stay at home if you can and try to social distance if possible. I live in New York, which has most of the COVID-19 cases here in the U.S. and I know that others from hard-hit areas are especially cautious about going outside during this pandemic.

This story also expresses what I've been doing to get into contact with my friends. I've been calling them on Google Duo, messaging/video chatting with them on Discord, texting them on SnapChat, etc.It's been hard not being able to see them in person, but I know that it's for the best in the long-run. (If you wanna get into contact with your friends without seeing them in person, these apps might help a lot).

And for those of you working around the clock that have to go to work, thank you all, you guys are awesome and deserve a fortune for what you're doing for the rest of us, especially the doctors, nurses, and other medical staff out there who are out there on the front lines trying to save lives.

And to those of you who think it's ok to go outside and violate social distancing and stay-at-home orders. What the fuck is wrong with you? There is a worldwide pandemic going on right now for a virus that we have NO VACCINE FOR YET, and you still go outside to do things that are not grocery shopping or anything else that requires you to go out!? Get it through your head that this is a very serious situation, and you going out to the bar or to a party with large gatherings is going to make this quarantine longer and harder on the rest of us as well as get more people sick or killed.

There are so many people out there with compromised immune systems who could DIE if exposed to this. Think about how this could affect other peoples lives before you go out to that party. It's not worth it to live out short-term pleasures that give you and others long-term consequences. We wanna go back to our normal lives too, and we would like to do that as soon as possible, so please only go out when necessary.

The bar can wait, spring break vacation can wait, sports games can wait, you can wait a few days to try out that new restaurant you've been wanting to go too. It will still be there after quarantine is over. Please try to understand that this will be over soon if we follow social distancing and stay-at-home orders.

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but while we are living through these hard times, we need to do what we can in order to stop the spread of this virus. 

Also, thank you so much for 11K+ reads! This started out as an attempt to put more Tim Drake x Reader stories out there because I had already read everything out there and got tired of seeing the same things over and over again. I was pleasantly surprised by the result of posting here on Wattpad. Thank you guys so much for reading! And, don't worry, part 2 of Tim Drake x Neko! Reader will be out as soon as I can write it.