ADHD

Warning! If anything involving ADHD or it's effects is triggering, please do NOT read this story. No gore is involved, however if this is something that makes you sad, depressed, angry, etc., then I encourage you not to read this story.

(ADHD) Prompt: You have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or, ADHD for short. You're extremely forgetful, clumsy, easily distracted, and sometimes all over the place. It's a long fought struggle for you to try to "act like the other kids", but your boyfriend still loves you nonetheless...💕

***This fan-fic is gender neutral😆***

You definitely weren't naïve when it came to the comments people made about you. They ranged from "Are you always this hyper!?" or "You're a total idiot!", to "You're useless.." and "Why is it that you never listen!?" It was hard dealing with a processing issue and people telling you off for something that wasn't even your fault. Ever since you were little, you were hyper, and at 13 you finally figured out why you were so different from the other kids.

Ever since you found out about this "issue" that you had, you unintentionally made many (mostly small) mistakes in your day-to-day life, and your self-esteem, along with your self-respect went down the drain. Not a day went by when you weren't thinking about what you was causing your suffering.

It was made even worse when you could hear your parents sometimes grumble "I ask you to do one thing..." or "Why can't you ever seem to pay attention?" Sometimes, it went to the point of you crying yourself to sleep at night asking yourself why you just couldn't listen properly like everyone else.

At least there was one person who understood your pain... (kind of)

Tim Drake was the only one who seemed to care about how you felt when people made comments. He was the only one who dried your tears when you felt useless or depressed. He was the only one who understood what it was like to be feel useless and unwanted by pretty much everyone around him. He may have not had ADHD, but he definitely knew what it was like for people to believe that one was not enough.

It was nice to know you weren't alone in this battle...

That's why when you were crying in your basement and he ran his thumb over your cheek to rid it of the wet, salty tears you had been crying, you lunged into his arms and squeezed him hard, not wanting to let him go. He was surprised at first, but eventually hugged you back, wanting to comfort you. You then whispered in his ear:

"You're the only one who understands... I-I honestly don't know what I'd do if you weren't with me right now..." You choked on that last part, not wanting to imagine what exactly you'd be doing if you were alone. He just hugged you tighter and kissed your forehead. Now was definitely not the time to think about these dark thoughts.

"Don't think about that. It's all gonna be OK..." He was just so... reassuring, it was nice having someone there to make everything feel OK again. Heaven knows you really needed that right now.

It's nice to have a light in the darkness...
____________________________________________________________________________________
————————————————————————————————————