Cold

Prompt: Tim looks like he's about to crack. A case he's been working on has run cold as he tries desperately to find any other leads only to fail time and time again. It's time for him to take a break... 

"Damn it!"

A tightly balled fist slammed down on the wooden desk below it, almost catching splinters. It then ran through messy, raven-colored hair while the other hand reached for a large cup of coffee, nearly breaking the handle from its grip, it then put the ceramic mug up to the lips of none other than Tim Drake. The world's 2nd best detective behind the Dark Knight himself.

The vigilante was attempting to crack a case on a recent spike in drug activity in Eastern Gotham, but to no avail. The complex network of leadership within the cartel was confusing, even to Tim. Leadership would often pass onto, or be distributed with another member almost immediately after one branch had been busted. Certain branches were then reinforced with new methods of dealing with the masked vigilantes of Gotham.

In short, these people really knew how to piss of the Bat-family...

These groups were often hard to find since most of them were "off-the-grid" types who proved themselves to be dangerous foes by killing anyone who got in their way. They also left little to no evidence behind, and the only way that anyone really knew if someone was killed was if blood samples of the victim were found, which rarely ever happened.

As of yet, Tim could only prove that more people were being murdered by the dozens of recent missing persons reports that had popped up whenever drugs made an appearance, and the only reason that he knew that this was a drug cartel in the first place was because of the many, numerous pills that were left behind at the crime scenes. This case had numerous problems and holes, yet Tim continued to work, despite the little information he had.

However, this was not what was bothering you at all...

You constantly heard a string of curse words whenever a theory or tip came up empty-handed, saw how sunken in and blank his eyes were becoming, and noticed that you had been buying waaayyy more coffee grounds than usual. And more often than not, he practically had a death wish for anyone who tried to get him out of his funk.

He yelled at Jason for giving him chili dogs, punched Damian for pulling the plug on the computer, flat-out ignored Dick, and even sassed Bruce. The only one who hadn't tried to calm him down was you; however, you were very much nervous about what he would do or say if you even dared to even try and stop him.

"I don't know guys, he really seems like he doesn't want to be bothered right now..."

"(Y/N), you're our only hope of getting him off of that computer!"

"Yeah! He even had the gall to refuse chili dogs! I mean, who does that!?"

"For once I agree with Todd. Drake is out of control."

"I second that..."

The conversation continued as you looked in Tim's general direction through a crack in the door, and you could tell from that tiny gap in the door that he was mad.

His face was red with fury and grumbles of how he would "deal with his brothers later" quietly slipped off of his tongue as he typed and switched over to various tabs of articles and clues

To be quite honest, you pitied him in that moment. He was working so hard to protect the city by solving this case while you and his brothers were attempting to stop him. Albiet, they had good intentions, but maybe an alternative method could be used.

"Hey, um... I know this might seem a bit strange to you, but I think we should help him finish this case." You said, bracing yourself for the upcoming disagreements from the 3 young men standing before you.

All 3 of the boys thought you had gone insane after hearing your suggestion. Their eyes went wide and their mouths agape as they attempted to contemplate what you had just said to them. Jason was the first to voice his concern, despite his previous shock.

"Let me get this straight. Instead of concocting a plan to make that sleep-deprived, stubborn a*shole to finally go to bed; You're saying that we should help him finish this case..."

Jason's argument may have made logical sense in most circumstances, but you were willing to stick to your guns and go through with your seemingly crazy plan.

"I know you're all shocked, but look at him! He's working his a*s off trying to do this, and I know he does need to sleep soon; but don't you think that if we had helped him, he'd be in bed right now!? We're constantly giving him all of this s*hit to do and he feels the need to stay up for a week because we're always telling him that 'it's important,' or 'You're the smart one, so you should figure it out.' Well, Maybe we should figure it out for ourselves for once and give this boy some time off. Lord knows he needs at least a couple of days to sleep after trying to crack this crappy case." You ranted, clearly upset that Tim had been reduced to the state he was in because no-one had offered a helping hand (besides Alfred, cuz' Alfred is amazing😉)

"Maybe (Y/N)'s right..." Dick finally said after a full minute of shocked silence from the boys. Jason and Damian looked at him as if he has 5 heads.

"No,no,no,no,nooooo....... You can't be-"

"I suppose we may rely on Drake... more than we should..." Damian admitted before Jason could finish his argument.

"I-I-I....c'mon-"

"Let's just help him with this case, Jason. Everything else we tried failed, so let's do something different." Dick said before walking into Tim's room, ready to offer his services, Damian and you following suit. Jason stood outside the door for a moment, a bit flabbergasted before finally walking in the room and shutting the door behind him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time -skip 4 1/2 hours

You and Tim lay in bed, exhausted from working on the previously unsolved case, which, mind you, would not have been solved if not for the help Tim got from you and his brothers. 

You all had worked for hours trying to crack the case, and when you finally did about 2 hours into doing research, Tim practically kissed the ground you all walked on and finally went to bed.

Although he would never admit it (especially to Damian), Tim was quite happy, and proud that his family made him take a break...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! I know I've been gone for a while, but writers block and life don't exactly make it easy to write fan-fiction. Also, I've been getting a lot more votes and comments about how you guys really like my fan-fiction and I just wanna thank the now 800+ readers who took the time to read my stories, liked them, and/or commented nice things about them. Thank you guys so much!! Also Daaaammmnnn, I never thought that nearly 1,000 people would read this!!😂😭