Back to Hogwarts

The next morning Serena jumped out of bed and threw the rest of her belongings on her trunk. She took a quick shower and ran a comb through her dark brown hair. She added some blush, eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara to her face before trotting downstairs where her mother and father waited for her. Her father had the brooms in a separate trunk and she groaned when he handed it to her.

They Apparated onto Platform 9 ¾ at 10:55. She said her quick good-byes to her parents before wandering off to find her friends. She found Olivia, right as she was about to board the Hogwarts Express.

“Olivia!” she shouted as she ran towards her.

“Serena!” she shouted back as she squeezed her with a hug.

“How was your summer?”

“Let’s talk when we get on the train,” she said as she handed the attendant her owl. “Maggie and Jade are already on board.”

Serena looked back and was going to wave good-bye to her parents, but they had already Disapparated.

They found Jade and Maggie sitting in an empty compartment talking amongst themselves. They all gave each other hugs when they reunited.

“How were your summers?” asked Serena as she took her seat next to Jade.

“Ugh! Too short!” whined Maggie. “My parents made me work in the shop all summer.” Maggie’s parents owned Flourish and Blott’s in Diagon Alley.

“At least it’s good money though,” said Olivia. “And not to mention you get free textbooks.”

“Whoopie,” said Maggie sarcastically.

“What about you Jade?” asked Serena.

“Oh I spent the summer hooking up with that cute wizard visiting from Romania,” she said as she twirled her hair. Jade was gorgeous. Every wizard who ever laid eyes on her tried to get with her. She was very picky when it came to men. They had to be at least three years older than her, they had to be pureblood and they had to worship the ground she walked on. “He wanted a serious relationship though. Had to dump him after I found out.”

“What did you do Serena?” asked Maggie.

Serena smiled as she pulled out her notebook.

“I spent all summer spying on the Tutshill Tornadoes,” she said. “I’ve got some really good ideas in here that will crush the other houses and bring home the Quidditch Cup this year!”

“Typical Serena,” said Olivia as she rolled her eyes.

The train to school seemed to get shorter and shorter every year; at least that’s how Serena felt. She was walking off the train when she bumped into her least favorite person in the entire world.

“Oh, sorry,” he said as he turned to face her. “Actually, never mind.” He began walking away.

“Oh what’s the matter Wood?” she called after him. “You still crying over losing the Quidditch Cup last year?”

He turned back towards her.

“No. A good Captain accepts his defeat and focuses on what he can do to improve. I see that you haven’t moved on though.”

“We’ll crush you this year just as we did last year,” she sneered.

“We’ll see about that,” he said as he stormed away. Serena loved getting under Oliver’s skin. It made her feel as if she had power over him.

She couldn’t admit to herself that she found him attractive. He was stocky and muscular due to all of his training. His Scottish accent would make a girl melt on any given day, and that’s why girls pined over him. Even Jade admitted that if he were older she’d try to give him a good shag. The boy was just handsome.