Plotting

“Let’s go out and celebrate,” said Jade as we all gathered in the Great Hall for dinner on Friday evening. “I’m working at the Hog’s Head tonight from eight to twelve.”

“What are we celebrating?” asked Olivia.

“Do we have to have an excuse to party?” asked Jade. “The point is, I’m working and I don’t want to have to pretend to flirt with old wizards all night. You guys can bring whoever you want, I don’t care.”

“Can I bring Miles?” asked Olivia.

Serena spat out her drink in shock.

“Miles? Miles Bletchley?” she demanded. Olivia blushed.

“You and Miles?” asked Maggie. “Since when?”

“Since he told me I have the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes he’d ever seen,” she said.

“You’re joking?” asked Serena. “I didn’t know he was capable of feelings.”

“Oh come on,” said Olivia. “He may not be the brightest, but he really tries. We have Arithmancy together. We help each other out.”

“He’s in Arithmancy?” asked Maggie.

“Yes, and he’s quite good. So stop making fun of me.”

“Whatever,” said Jade. “Bring whoever you want. I don’t care. Besides, as long as he has a dick, I don’t see a problem with him.”

“That’s actually the sluttiest thing you’ve ever said,” said Serena with a laugh.

“Well, I’m in,” said Olivia. “I’m off to find Miles and let him know.”

“What about you two?” asked Jade.

“I’m in,” said Serena.

“Sure,” said Maggie agreeing.

“Great,” said Jade. “I’m off to get ready. Don’t be late!”

Jade sauntered off and Serena noticed multiple boys staring at her from every single house. She didn’t understand why every guy wanted her.

“So, are you into anyone these days?” asked Maggie as she took a bite of vegetables. For some strange reason, Oliver Wood’s face popped up in Serena’s mind.

“No of course not,” said Serena. “I’m too busy worrying about Quidditch to worry about boys.”

“I thought you liked Wood,” she said. Serena snapped her head over in Maggie’s direction.

“What?” she asked a little to frantically.

“I said ‘as well you should’,” said Maggie raising an eyebrow. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” said Serena turning back to her plate of untouched food.

“You aren’t eating,” said Maggie noticing. “Is Flint bothering you?”

“No,” said Serena. “I just – uh – I need to go for a walk.” Serena stood up from the table.

“I’ll come with you,” said Maggie.

“No, I uh – I just need some fresh air for the moment, I’ll be right back,” said Serena as she bounded out of the Great Hall.

Oliver was too busy laughing with Fred and George during dinner that he almost missed seeing Serena practically sprint out of the Great Hall. He eyed her carefully and noticed she looked like she was about to suffocate. He looked over at her friend Maggie and saw that she looked flustered and confused before she sat back down. He scanned the Slytherin table looking for Flint, but didn’t see him anywhere. For some reason, that worried him.