Polyjuice Potion

It was almost time to leave for Christmas and everyone seemed to be ready to jump on the Hogwarts Express. Colin Creevey had been attacked, just like Mrs. Norris and it made everyone scared. People were beginning to think that Harry Potter was the heir of Slytherin. Serena and her friends thought it was a huge joke.

"Potter is only a second year," said Jade. "And he's not even a Slytherin! How absolutely ridiculous does that sound?"

"Who do you think it is, though?" asked Olivia.

"You know I have no idea," said Jade. "All my father told me when I asked him was 'Keep your nose in your studies and bring up your Charms grade.' Completely typical."

Maggie, Serena and Olivia said good-bye to Jade as she made her way to Defense Against the Dark Arts and they headed to Potions. Suddenly Hermione Granger appeared out of nowhere and stopped in front of the three girls.

"Are you lost?" asked Olivia.

"No," she said. "I need to talk to Serena."

Serena raised her eyebrows and then looked at her friends.

"Privately," added Hermione.

"Whatever," said Maggie. "Don't be late to class."

Serena watched as her friends rounded the corner to the Potions classroom.

"What is it?" asked Serena. "And why aren't you in class?"

"Never mind that," she said. "You remember a couple weeks ago when you promised you'd do anything for Ron and I to fetch Oliver?"

"Yeah," said Serena slowly.

"Yes, well I need you to do something for me now."

Serena laughed. "No way. I just said that so you'd fetch him. I'm not really going to do something for you."

"Please," begged Hermione. "I really need your help."

"Fine," breathed Serena. "What do you want?"

"I need you to ask Professor Snape for Lacewing Flies, Boomslang skin and a Horn of a Bicon."

"What? Why?"

"I really can't answer that question," she said. "I really need it...for a friend. Can you please get it?"

"Why can't you do it yourself?"

"Because, I'm a Gryffindor. And everyone knows that you're Professor Snape's favorite student. He'd give it to you without asking too many questions."

Serena had no idea what Hermione was up to but she knew she wasn't getting rid of her unless she did this.

"Alright, fine," said Serena. "I'll do it after class."

"Thank you so much!" said Hermione. "I'll meet you back here once class is over."

Hermione began prancing off to her class when Serena called back for her.

"Wait! What do I say when he asks me what I need it for?"

"How should I know?" she called back with a smile. "You're the sixth year!"

Serena groaned and made her way into Potions. She was ten minutes late but thankfully Professor Snape didn't care. She caught Oliver Wood's eye as she walked over to take her seat next to Maggie.

"What was that about?" asked Olivia.

"I have no idea," breathed Serena as she pulled out her Potions textbook. The class had already begun working on their potion and Serena realized she was left without a partner. She looked around and saw Oliver was left without a partner as well. She couldn't help but think he did that on purpose. She got up, moved her books and took a seat beside him.