I Forgive You

Summer was slowly approaching and the students had just found out that there were still going to be exams. The constant chatter and disappointment filled the corridors and Serena watched as stressed students filled the library trying to cram for their exams that were approximately two weeks away. Serena would leave the hospital occasionally and sit in the hallway, hoping to catch a glimpse of Oliver as he walked to class.

She saw Maggie, Olivia and Jade walking side by side, laughing at something Maggie had said. Serena smiled and wished that she could be with them, heading to Potions. Serena wondered if they had forgotten about her. They were not allowed to visit anymore and Serena wondered if they even knew that.

“Why can’t I just wake up?” mumbled Serena.

“Do you think you’re sleeping?” asked a voice. Serena looked up and saw Peeves the Poltergeist hovering over her head.

“No, Peeves,” she said. “Just leave me alone.”

“Someone is in a cranky mood today,” he said. “Perhaps you need a dungbomb dropped on you. That should awaken you.” Peeves was giggling. He was known for being a notorious pain in the ass. 

“Peeves, go aw - ” Serena stopped midsentence and looked up at him. “Wait…Peeves you can see me?”

“Who said that?” he asked while looking around. “There is a mysterious voice speaking!”

“Cut it out, Peeves,” snapped Serena. “I need to know if you can see me!”

“Can’t see anyone,” he said as he flew away. “Carrow has gone crazy! Madam Pomfrey! Miss Carrow needs to be admitted to the hospital!”

“Shut up!” yelled Serena. No one else seemed to notice her. How come Peeves could see her, and no one else could?

“What’s all this ruckus about?” asked Madam Pomfrey as she ran into the corridor. “Peeves! Get out of her and stop pestering my patients!”

Peeves laughed and floated away singing some awful song that he just made up that went something like “Carrow is crazy, she’s just a little baby.”

Serena ignored Peeves and bolted back into the hospital. She looked down at her body and could have sworn she noticed a slight difference in her facial expression.

“Am I waking up?” she whispered. The bell rang to signal the beginning of next class and Serena desperately wished that Oliver would come see her. She didn’t know why, but she had a feeling that he could wake her up…maybe, with a…kiss. Serena had an idea.

“Oi! PEEVES!” yelled Serena as she entered the empty corridor. She heard a faint giggling and a god-awful song and knew he was close.

“Carrow? Is that you? I can’t see a thing?” he said as he floated over.

“Peeves. Please, I need your help,” she begged. “I need you to send Oliver Wood to the hospital wing. Please, just injure him…but not badly. Please, Peeves.”

“Peeves must be hearing voices,” he said with a smirk. “Can’t understand these voices. Maybe, it is I who is the heir of Slytherin.”

“Peeves I’m warning you,” said Serena. “Don’t make me get the Bloody Baron over here.”

Suddenly Peeves stopped laughing and looked at Serena with a frightful gleam.

“If you don’t do this, I’ll be forced to get him,” threatened Serena.

“Hmm, I’d better be going. I sense Woody is going to be in an accident,” he said. “I wouldn’t want to miss it!”

Serena smiled as Peeves made his way to the Potions classroom. Hopefully he wouldn’t injure Oliver so much that he would be unconscious or not even be able to speak to her.