In the End

Serena sat in the common room that night with Maggie, Jade and Olivia waiting for the news of the Petrified students. A bunch of other Slytherins were doing the same thing.

"Hopefully something went terribly wrong and they all died," said Malfoy so loudly that the whole common room could hear him. He was sitting at a table with his pack mules Crabbe and Goyle. "It would be a shame if Granger woke up and blabbed everything. I might just have to take care of her myself."

"I'll go shut him up," said Olivia as she stood up.

"No, it's best we leave him," said Maggie. "You don't want to start causing trouble with that twit. His father is malicious."

"Please," said Serena. "His father is a coward."

"Draco, stop acting like you're hot shit," yelled Jade ignoring her friends. "We all know you still wet the bed."

The Slytherin common room burst into laughter including Serena. The look on Malfoy's face was priceless when he stormed out.

"How about we grab a snack in the kitchens?" asked Serena as she stood up. "I'm tired of sitting around here."

"We really should be studying," said Olivia as she had her book propped up against her bag. "Exams are right around the corner."

Serena didn't think it was much of a big deal to study for her exams. She was only being tested on half of the material that the rest of them were.

"Come on, Liv," said Jade as she stood up. "We have the rest of the night to study. Besides, I'm starved."

"And what if we get caught?" asked Maggie. "We could be in big trouble."

"Maggie, Dumbledore is back. They obviously aren't worried about the monster anymore. We'll be fine," said Serena.

"I'm going with Serena," said Jade as she headed over towards the exit. "You two don't have to come."

Olivia and Maggie finally gave in and followed Serena and Jade towards the kitchens. Serena had told her friends all about the secret entrance.

"I didn't even know that there WAS a kitchen," said Maggie.

"Well honestly," said Olivia. "Where did you think all the food comes from?"

"Magic," said Maggie as she shrugged her shoulders. The girls were almost to the kitchen when Professor McGonagall's voice startled them. For a minute, they thought that they had been caught when they realized that it was coming from a loud speaker.

"All students are to report to their House dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately."

"What the hell?" asked Jade. The girls stood there frozen not knowing what to do.

"We'd better go back," said Maggie.

"No," said Serena. "Don't you want to know what's going on?"

"I don't want to get in trouble!" protested Olivia.

"Let's get out of here," said Jade.

"I'm going to the second floor corridor," said Serena. "Whether you guys come with me or not."

Jade couldn't resist the adventure, and Olivia went with Maggie back to the Dungeons with the fear that they were going to be caught. Serena and Jade had to sneak around making sure that they weren't spotted by anyone. By the time they had gotten there, the teachers had already left. Serena and Jade gasped at what they saw written on the wall.

"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever," whispered Serena. "Who?"

"I have no idea," said Jade. "But, now I'm freaked out. Can we go?"