Defeat

Serena woke up early on Saturday morning, nervous and excited for the big match. She changed into something warm quickly and tied her hair back into a ponytail. Her friends were still sleeping, as she expected them to be. It was early for a Saturday.

She made her way to the Great Hall and sat down with the rest of her teammates at the Slytherin table.

"Morning Captain," said Marcus as he smirked at me. I smiled back and helped myself to a glass of pumpkin juice. The Gryffindor team began to make their way into the Great Hall as well. Wood was leading them.

"They look nervous," said Lucian with a smile on his face. "I'd be nervous too if I was riding rubbish."

Serena smiled as she jellied a piece of toast. She kept glancing over in Oliver's direction to see if she could catch him smiling at her. He seemed to be too focused on the game.

"You aren't very talkative this morning," said Miles as he looked at Serena. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm okay," she said.

"No worries, Carrow," said Marcus as he wrapped his arm around her. "The Gryffindor team will be nothing but a puddle of tears after today."

Eleven o'clock slowly approached and the Slytherin team made their way to the locker rooms and changed into their emerald green robes. The rest of the school was excited and making their way into the stands. It looked like it was going to rain.

"Okay," said Serena as her team sat down on the benches. "It looks like the weather might be a little rough this match. That means it's all up to you Draco. You have to beat Potter to the snitch. That means NO messing around. No taunting him, no picking on him, nothing! I don't want any communication between you and Potter. I only want you to focus on the snitch. As for the rest of you, play your hardest. We will beat Gryffindor today!"

As they made their way out onto the field, they Slytherins cheered. The Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws all booed and hissed. Jealousy, probably. Madam Hooch stepped onto the field. Serena and Oliver approached each other for the handshake. Serena reached out for his hand, and he grabbed it. She felt a shock of nerves fly through her body as their hands met. He smirked at her and she did her best to show no emotion towards him.

Madam Hooch let the Bludgers loose, followed by the Golden Snitch. She blew her whistle, released the Quaffle and the game had begun.

Marcus was first to reach the Quaffle. He passed it to Adrian, who got it stolen by Angelina on the other team, and then Serena stole it back and scored. The Slytherins went wild and Serena high fived Marcus as she flew past him. Gryffindors were no match for these brooms. No one had been on her tail the whole game.

Serena reached the Quaffle again and sped off towards Wood. He was there waiting for her, and she tried to make a shot, but he was too quick and blocked it. She scowled at him as he smiled back at her.

Slytherin was up sixty points to zero when Gryffindor called a time out. Serena hadn't even noticed that a Bludger was constantly trying to pelt Harry off his broom. Gryffindor huddled together on the ground and Serena called her own personal time out for her team.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Seems like Potter is training for the ballet," sneered Malfoy.

"Malfoy, shut it, I told you not to say anything," snapped Serena.

"It seems someone has tampered with that Bludger," said Derrick. "It's gone after Potter this whole game."

"Alright, who the hell did it?" asked Serena shooting death glares at her teammates. "I won't tolerate cheating!"