❃The First Gift❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R S E V E N

The First Gift

His name hasn't been spoken in many months. I haven't heard his name in a long time. The heartbreak has risen in me, and the pain he caused me has surfaced once more. I look down to my hands, as I play with the sleeve. I can't look up, I know I told myself I will be brave from now one, but it's impossible. The pain that my heart has been through is just to much for me and my heart to handle.

"Emma, go see him! Do yourself a favor and go to him. It may hurt now, but the thing that is hurting you, is staying away from him. It's hurting you both" My dad says, I had no idea he would have wanted me to be with him. Dad can be a bit overprotective sometimes, and the fact that he would approve my relationship with him after he hurt me is saying something. Either he really likes him, or he is only saying that to make me happy. I don't know if I'm ready to see him, it has already been hard to see my parents.

I expected them to be furious at me and yell, and scream at me for leaving. Yet, here we are. Just talking, like old times. Like I never left in the first place. Of course, I did miss a lot, but that's all right. All I did, was take time for myself. I needed it, I needed space to think and to recover from everything. The things that I have done are something that no one can forgive. I should go to jail, for what I did. Still, I'm a free woman, with a heart that has been broken.

"I can't" I simple say. When I gaze back at my parents, they are looking at me with worry. "We won't force you to, but this is nothing more than a suggestion. Personally, we think that you should see Jason. If you aren't ready (yet) than that is all right to" mom says, I can tell by the tone in her voice and the hope in her eyes that she wants to say that I will go see him now. That's even more heartbreaking, I can't see him yet. I'm not ready to see him, I wish they could understand that.

And now that they want to see him, is breaking my heart. I never knew that both my parents like him so much. I've always been the naïve person, and the one who doesn't notices thing right away, and I didn't even see how much he had become a friend to my family. "I'm sorry" I say, I can't take their disappointed faces anymore, and the talks that they tell me to do visit him, when I clearly can't. I know they are disappointed that I don't want to, they may not have said it in words but their faces tell me everything I need to know of that.

I run out of the house before they could do anything or say anything. Tears run down my cheeks as I run, and run, and run back to my house. I know they can't find me here and tell me everything will be all right only if I go see him, they don't know I live here and I plan to keep it that. For all they know, I could be back in the ocean. And they will probably tell him that I've come from hiding and visited them. I don't stop running until I have reached the door where I finally stop to open it.

Panting and exhausted I open the door and walk inside. Shadow is still soundly sleeping on the couch in exactly the same position he was in before, he does look up when I do open the door, but is very quick to go back to sleep. I set the keys and my phone on the island in the kitchen as I sit on one of the chair by the island. Putting my hand over my eyes, I cry into the sleeve, not even caring if it gets ruined or not.

I know I shouldn't go back to the ocean, but right now that is all I feel like doing. I know this isn't the best way, but I need to run away from everything. This is just hurting my heart. And, I'm not even sure if I can take all this pain any longer. I've been hurting for so long that I have no idea how to deal with the pain, and the thing that takes it way is the ocean. I may not really belong there like I thought at first but, I know there is no one hurting me like on land.