❃Midnight Apologizes❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

Midnight Apologizes

Waking up to knocking at midnight is not what someone would want. I on the other hand, do. It puts a smile on my face just thinking about. I went to sleep with him knocking on my don't door. And, when I woke up at midnight, still able to hear the knocking, I couldn't sop grinning. He is staying outside in the cold, knocking on my door, not even stopping. That is a clear sign, he really wants to talk to me.

I pick Shadow up, who was sleeping on my stomach. Peacefully. Until, I took him off. I set him on the bed, as I run downstairs. I believe it is time to face my biggest fear, I can do this. My heart is beating so fast in my chest right now, and my palms are so sweaty. But, I know this needs to be done. I need to face him, and talk to him. Most of all, he needs to explain to me what happened that day in the office, perhaps everything will make sense to me, after the explanation.

That is what I am hoping for, I don't know what he will say or how he will explain to me. I don't even know how I will get through this and be there with him without crying. No matter how much I don't want to cry, I know I will cry, and a lot. Lately, my eyes have been a waterfall, and that isn't going to stop tonight. In the dark, I wrap myself in a blanket. Because, as soon as I took the covers of me, the cold hit me. I'm shivering out of cold, and if I'm going outside then I will freeze before he even begins telling me everything.

Slowly I walk with the blanket around my body downstairs, I make sure not to trip on the blanket. It's very large, and I could trip and fall down the stairs, which I don't want. My mind is screaming at me to hurry up down the stairs, yelling at me that Jason is leaving. But, I can still hear the knocking, and as long as I can hear that, I know he is there. And, he is still waiting for me to open the door.

I walk to the door, and put my hand on the door handle. Taking a few breaths, and yelling at my brain to tell my hand to open the door, I open it. When, I open the door, I see him. Jason is standing there with his hand up, put sets it down when he realizes that he doesn't need to knock anymore, since I've open the door. He looks the same as he did when I threw him out, but he looks tired, and is probably fighting to let his eyes stay open. He must be freezing. Jason is looking at me with a shocked face.

He didn't really expect me to open the door for him, at least not at night when I should be asleep. Truth to be told, I didn't really sleep much, I was always waking up, and trying to sleep. I guess, I just had a guilty conscience, for leaving him out here. Even if he really does deserve it, I couldn't leave him there. Besides, I'm really curious of what he has to say for himself, and I don't even know of I will believe that. He lies a lot, that I know, so when do I know when he is telling me the honest truth?

Where are the lie detectors when you really need them. There would be really nice to know when he is lying, and why he is lying about that. "Emma" He says, surprisingly he isn't stuttering, I thought he would be stuttering from the cold. I know I just opened the door and I'm already freezing here. "Please come inside" I tell him, I allow him to walk inside, and when he walks past me, his suit touches my skin, and shivers run down my spine. His suit is freezing cold.

He is freezing cold, I made him this cold. When I think of it, I was the one who threw him out in the first place, and he just wanted to get inside. Maybe he wanted to get inside, because the cold winds of the night are freezing, or perhaps to talk to me. Or, both. He sits down by the island, and I sit beside him. He looks at me with love. But there is sadness in his eyes. I was the one who caused him this sadness. "I'm so sorry, Emma. I never intended to hurt you" he says, and he looks anywhere but at me when he says those words.